NOS - 05301-II "dual -stage" kit questions

Kibster

Is anyone familiar with Nitrous Oxide Systems "dual-stage" nitrous kit for 86/87 GN/T-Types?

I believe this kit is no longer offered (although I think the 05301 single stage kit is).

Specifically - what was the HP rating per stage with the "out of the box" jetting?

What were the "out of the box" jet sizes?

How much did these systems retail for (approximately) when new?

Has anyone owned/ran one of these systems?

Is there any real advantage to these kits on a stock (pistons, heads, etc.) GN vs. the single stage kit (in other words - are they overkill)?

Although I've seen several GN/T-Types with the more popular single stage kit (05301) and a handful of with the "six-pack" system (05306) - I haven't encountered any with the "dual stage" kits.

Yes, I had one of the 2 stage NOS kits back in the early 90's. Best of memory around $650 with 10# bottle.
Each stage was limited to about 150 HP with the biggest jets.

The up pipe had a sets of solenoids & injector on each side of the pipe.
If you have just one 340 fuel pump, I don't think it can supply enough fuel for 300HP extra.
The way I used mine was 1st stage =75hp & 2nd stage =75hp.
Too much nitrous right off the line will blow the tires away. I was running M&H 275x60 cheater slicks and the 1st stage activated by limit switch at WOT. When in top of 2nd gear I would hit the second stage.

Gary:cool:

Black Car is right, if you are seriously wanting to run alot of nitrous you best bet is to run the 6pack with a progessive controller. With anything over a 50hp shot traction is a problem. With a progressive controller you can bring it in easy and ramp it up with your traction. Actually easier on your motor by ramping it up also.

Back in early 90's I was running a 6pack on a mostly stock gn with a progressive nitrous controller. Start at about 50hp up to 175hp and ran low 11's and a few high 10.9's. The 6pack was nice as you could run a little larger rear gas jets to make up for the leaner back cylinders.

Thanks for the replies - I appreciate the information!

I just purchased one of these "dual stage" kits (05301-II) - that has never been used (most everything is still in the shrink wrap).

I'm not sure if I'll ever use it - but it was just too cool to pass up I guess.

Thanks again...

Black Car is right, if you are seriously wanting to run alot of nitrous you best bet is to run the 6pack with a progessive controller. With anything over a 50hp shot traction is a problem. With a progressive controller you can bring it in easy and ramp it up with your traction. Actually easier on your motor by ramping it up also.

Back in early 90's I was running a 6pack on a mostly stock gn with a progressive nitrous controller. Start at about 50hp up to 175hp and ran low 11's and a few high 10.9's. The 6pack was nice as you could run a little larger rear gas jets to make up for the leaner back cylinders.

who makes the 6 pack?

I checked NOS's website before I posted. and I did a search on this site for 6 pack

so I don't suppose anyone has a link or website where i can purchase this fine product :)

Bad news, this item was discontinued back in the middle 90's best of memory.
Someone had one listed here or in the parts section a few months ago.

Gary