Not Going To Make To BG!

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
Well for those of you that don't know I have had a Kidney Stone problem for a long time now. It still has not passed and I am still hurting off and on. I do not want to take a chance of being so far away and it decide to start moving again:eek: It is 6cm:eek:

I would have love to have been there and was hoping to unveil the street Twin Kit:cool:

Have fun guys, be safe, and SOMEBODY GET PLENTY OF VIDS!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your stone, Shane. I passed a "small" 3-4 mm stone many years ago and that hurt like ..., well, it hurt. Can't imagine dealing with a 6 cm stone by anything but surgery (I'm praying you meant 6 mm :)). Get well, and hope to see you at Norwalk and/or Columbus.

That is what I was thinking too, maybe he said or meant 6mm but I heard 6cm. I got something out the other day that was 6cm and was like NO WAY:eek:

They want to do surgery, ie "go in and get it":eek: I want do it, at least not yet. It hurts sometimes so bad it brings tears, but I just can't get over the thought of the alternative:frown:

Drinking a gallon of water a day and taking flowmax....

should have your Dr "blast" it.. breaks it up and its minor procedure . stones suck !!! :eek:

They want to do surgery, ie "go in and get it":eek: I want do it, at least not yet.

I've had the 'go in and get it' procedure done...twice :eek: I had so much pain before the surgeries and woke up totally pain free after. It's the biggest relief once it's done. Both times they put in a stint (sp?) and then go back in and get that out of there like 2 months later. The first time they knocked me out to remove the stint, the second time was in the doctors office :eek: :eek:

Good luck Shane, get well soon...at least in time for Norwalk :cool:

Sorry to hear this Shane, I have had two stones myself. I passes one and they tried to go get the second one up the pipe:eek: and could not get it. They did put a stint in and I had to wait on the truck to come around so they could blast it. They took the stint out two weeks after they blasted it. I thought he was going to be nice and easy but he pulled it out like he was starting a 5 HP Briggs & Stratton. :eek:

Gool luck, we will take you some pictures.

Jim

Shane,i know how you feel.....i had a 10mm stone:eek: ,when it hit/moved i was on the ground crying like a baby.i had the ultrasonic procedure done,passed the "sand" several days later....drink lots of beer......youll pee alot and feel better;)

I'm very sorry to hear about your problem Shane, good luck with it and I hope you get better real soon buddy. You can call me if you need anything, Nelson.

Shane,
So sorry to hear about your "Rocky" problem. I have a good friend and had an uncle with kidney stones. I could tell they were holding on as best they could.

Would have liked for you to come by the Carolinas Chapter tent and talk NASCAR and Buicks. Maybe next year. Take good care!

Shane I feel for you. I had to pass a 2mm stone. It was the absolute worse pain ever. I was at work and had to be rushed to the hospital. We were at a call in a parking lot and I just fell out in pain.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words! I am not looking forward to the final decent.... I hurt for months in my back then it moved and is trapped between my kidney and bladder. When it moves a little it gets so bad I start puking what I call anitfreeze:eek:

Far as the twin kit:biggrin: :cool: Pretty much, Jay is putting final touches on now:wink:

Shane, health is way more important than a race. There are always more races to go to. I think you made the right call. I can't relate to what you are going through (Hope I never do). BTW, Dave said to drink LOTS of water.

Tell Jay Norwalk is just around the corner and I look forward to seeing the Gbodyparts.com car back in action....... :eek:

Hopefully it will be ready. Got the front suspension done today and lots of misc parts on the way!

Tell Dave doc has me on 1 gallon of water a day. Put me on flowmax, it is flowmax ok:biggrin:

I hope to be at Norwalk, probably even bring my son!!!

Has anyone tried drinking Apple cider vinegar? A friend of mine has had kidney stones 4 or 5 times in the past, within a span of 10 years or so. The last time he had it, my mother told him about an apple cider vinegar (mixed with cranberry juice) article that she had read and how it supposedly can help with kidney stones.

To make a long story short, he tried it, and it worked. That was around 8 years ago. Now whenever he feels the symptoms coming on, he just starts drinking the apple cider vinegar mixed with cranberry juice.

Has anyone tried drinking Apple cider vinegar? A friend of mine has had kidney stones 4 or 5 times in the past, within a span of 10 years or so. The last time he had it, my mother told him about an apple cider vinegar (mixed with cranberry juice) article that she had read and how it supposedly can help with kidney stones.

To make a long story short, he tried it, and it worked. That was around 8 years ago. Now whenever he feels the symptoms coming on, he just starts drinking the apple cider vinegar mixed with cranberry juice.

Cool, thanks Geoff... Off to google:biggrin:

Shane,

Get better soon and in time for Norwalk so I can buy ya a pound of ice cream:biggrin: