Nothing exciting or extravagant...

TARZAN

Half ass, on kill
Just an update on my Turbo Buick status.

I've owned an 87 GN for about 5 years now, and I've loved it. I've slowly modded it to the point where I'm accepting it's not going to be a "drive anywhere, anytime" car. I've got a built motor ready for install, a 9" rear sitting under it, etc...plans are a slightly larger turbo than the 6131 that I have on it now, the engine mentioned above, a FMIC, and a TH350....and a separate fuel system for the nitrous. I've had VERY good luck with nitrous so far, I've probably put 30 bottles through it over the years, still runs great.

I recently traded a 2000 Z28 for another 87 GN LOL.:biggrin: It has some rust that I need to address, but it runs good, cruise still works, A/C is intact, and it has a lot of nice parts.

.030 ANS engine
Comp 206 Cam w/ upgraded valvetrain
Built 200 w/ 3,000 stall
ATR Headers
TE44
etc....

I've officially put car #1 on jackstands and started tearing it apart. It'll probably take me 8-10 months to finish everything, but I'm not in a hurry. Car #2 has already started getting hand-me-down parts....It now has a BG SLIC, scan master, better tires, and a few other odds and ends. It'll probably get the 6131 when I get around to pulling it off ;)

I hate turning old bolts, but it was nice to get back out and work on my car again. It's been neglected for almost 2 years now.

Memphis' track is opening back up, and I look forward to tinkering and hoping for more.

-Will

You are a true Gearhead! Nice to hear you're working again on the '87. And now you have two of them!!:eek: Lucky guy, you.

Taking your time is the sensible thing to do, you're on the right track. I'm doing the same thing to mine....I'm taking my time "breaking" things from it:rolleyes:

Pictures would be nice....and....it IS a good feeling to get out in the garage to work on your baby...real good feeling...keep it up and you'll be finished in no time flat.

Wow, two '87 GNs...man, that's cool.:cool: Was thinking about trading one of my Vettes for another GN, but....well......I........hmmmmm....no...can't do it. Well........:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Purchasing my house this time last year has been a double edged sword. It was nice to get a place w/ a garage and a shop....but I am single, and my side income of selling/installing nitrous parts really dried up when the economy went south and Memphis Motorsports Park closed. It has taken me awhile to get to a point where I can afford to "tinker" again lol.

I'm definitely taking my time. I learned on car #1 all through college, and that was fun. I had a fairly nice engine built about a year and a half ago, but buying the house put that install on hold:redface:

I could have installed it in the car as is, but I didn't want it backed by a 200 that's been treated rough, not enough turbo IMHO, and an insufficient intercooler. The Art Carr 200 has treated me VERY well, cutting 1.5 short times....but I know it's limit lol. When the new engine goes in, it will be backed by a TH350 w/ transbrake, suppported by a better turbo, and cooled via a front mount IC.

First things first....car #2 has a weird, old school, IMHO half assed fuel pump setup. It looks like the car has a stock in tank pump, in line 255.....and no filter anywhere. They removed the filter and put the inline where the filter was.

I'm going to remove the inline (if anybody wants it they can have it), Install a filter where it currently is, install a 255 in tank, and run a hot wire. That should get car #2 where I want it to be for now. :)

-Will