nw hot air

Your the only one I know of. I think Bill recently got a 85 GN but it has or he is building 87 drivetrain for it.

know a guy in Tacoma somewhere...

I know a guy through a friend that has a 85' white T. He runs it a Pacific raceway every now and then. His name is Bill. Don't know if he is on this board or not. Last I heard he was living here in Tacoma some where. The car was in the mid 13's. I know he has a front mount intercooler and some other mods, but not sure about specifics. I'm sure I'll see him this summer, since my car should be ready for a few runs. If you visit Honest Performance in Federal Way, stop by and say hi to my friend Jimbo, Bill is one of his good friends.;)

Re: know a guy in Tacoma somewhere...

Originally posted by Zurn
I know a guy through a friend that has a 85' white T. He runs it a Pacific raceway every now and then. His name is Bill. Don't know if he is on this board or not. Last I heard he was living here in Tacoma some where. The car was in the mid 13's. I know he has a front mount intercooler and some other mods, but not sure about specifics. I'm sure I'll see him this summer, since my car should be ready for a few runs. If you visit Honest Performance in Federal Way, stop by and say hi to my friend Jimbo, Bill is one of his good friends.;)
Sound like 85 TR to me. he's the only hot air white T I've seen at Pacific.

I should be faster

you are doing pretty good. It seems we need to tune more. Thats with a stock turbo right?

Tune tune tune... Thats all I hear

Chris

well thats me with the white car , yeah zurn ill see jim christmas eve ill tell him you said hi.

What's up?

I thought that signature looked familiar. What’s up man? I know you were on one of these boards. Jim was in town yesterday, he picked up some wheels for his nova. Can’t wait to spank him this summer so he will shut up about our wussy V-6’s. We should hook up some time. I know you are down here in Tacoma, I live off of 46th. I’m not working at B&B anymore, but I still go in a lot for parts. I’ve been trying to get some stuff done on my car finally, but I got a son due here in a few weeks. As for other hot air cars in Tacoma, there were a few that used to come in to B&B, none of which were still hot air. One was an 85 GN that has a SB Chevy in it, one was an 84 bench seat, column shift car that had 87 running gear in it, and there was one more this guy claimed to own that was either a 86-87 GN that ran 10’s. I’ve seen one just like mine but with the black out kit at Albertsons on 38th street, same color with the astro-roof, but didn’t get to talk to the owner. There was also a really old TR, like 78 or so abandon on the side of the road. A few guys that came in to my work told me about it, they had taken the hood off of it. I went to check it out, but the column was smashed, so I didn’t want any part of it. I also see an old guy and his wife driving a car just like mine with a “for sale” sign in the back window, but I can never get close enough to get a phone number. He has been driving it with the sign in the window for over a year, I don’t think he is trying that hard to sell it. Ok enough with the long post. :rolleyes:

Yes, Josh is correct....

I do own a hotair....ONLY BECAUSE HE SWOOPED IN AND BOUGHT THAT GREY T-TYPE FROM UNDER ME!!! lol....

I am in the process of converting it though. The car is stripped of interior, drivetrain etc....and is at the paint shop getting a full makeover.

If anyone is looking for some hotair parts (complete engine) let me know. I will practically give the stuff away! ;)

gabe whats up man , been a long time congrats on the son , hope to see you at the track this summer , oh yeah and ive already beat up on jims nova:D

Re: Yes, Josh is correct....

Originally posted by TurboBill
I do own a hotair....ONLY BECAUSE HE SWOOPED IN AND BOUGHT THAT GREY T-TYPE FROM UNDER ME!!! lol....

I am in the process of converting it though. The car is stripped of interior, drivetrain etc....and is at the paint shop getting a full makeover.

If anyone is looking for some hotair parts (complete engine) let me know. I will practically give the stuff away! ;)
:D Where did you find the GN? What shop is it at getting a makeover? Glad your back in the game! Who is this Josh anyway? HE HE!

1. Geno's back yard

2. Speedway Collision is doing the body and paint work (next door to my shop)

3. Thanks! Im glad too!!!

4. I have no idea....whoever he is, Im jealous of him!!!

Jim's nova

Bill,
We need to take those new wheels and tires from him. He just picked up a set of 15x8's and 15x3.5's for his nova. The rears are 4" BS and they got a set of 28x10.5 slicks on them! Perfect for us to use... Then we can really spank him... I told him I want to try mounting one on my car to see if it would fit. I'm trying to decide on what size rims and tires I want to go with. I'm leaning towards some 15x10's for the back with some 295x50's. I don't remember what you had on yours, 275x60's I thought. Oh well, later man. -Gabe

i got 275/50s i need some new tires hmm slicks would be nice ill give him a call , jim dosnt need those his car dosnt even go into second gear:D

He claims he's got a TH400 being built and is almost ready to go in along with some new rear end gears, 4.10's or 4.11's I think, we'll see... Hopefully I can get my car back together this weekend, I'm going to put a new rear main seal in, change the pan gasket, change the front seal, and timing cover gasket. Then I have to heli-coil the intake, I kinda stripped the bolts when I was putting the power plate on. :rolleyes: Sounds like it happens alot though, so I don't feel so bad. I do like to break things when I take them appart, I had to get a new balancer, I bent the plate on mine for the crank position sensor. Man do I suck or what? :D Oh well. Gives me stuff to do.

i forgot that car was like a sprinkler, you got me worried now i didnt think he was getting all that done his car should run mid to low 13s i have to buy that alcohal kit a little sooner?

Yep, so he thinks...

Ya, he thinks he might be able to crack into the 12's once he gets that stuff done. I will be right behind you with the alky kit, after I get my springs, bushing kit, and wheels and tires... Oh well, keep saven' is all I can say. Who knows, maybe with the few mods I got already and some good tunen' maybe I can get into the 12's myself. We'll see.