O2 sensor's and 110 fuel

jcawley3

I have read over and over about how race fuel will affect O2 sensors. If this is so, what do you do about it? I like to run .25 to .5 93 then fill up with 110...... What do you do about the O2 senor. is there one that higher octane does not affect?

From what I've read I'm pretty sure the solution is installing a heated O2 sensor.

D

...... What do you do about the O2 senor. is there one that higher octane does not affect?

The Denso O2 sensor we have found is the best one which will which will last the longest with leaded race fuel, and is also the least expensive..

Part no. 234-1001

It is not the higher octane that affects the sensor. Lead is the culprit!!

FWIW, you can buy 101 octane unleaded race fuel and then you won't have problems with o2 sensors. However, the 110 leaded is much easier to find.

It is not the higher octane that affects the sensor. Lead is the culprit!!

FWIW, you can buy 101 octane unleaded race fuel and then you won't have problems with o2 sensors. However, the 110 leaded is much easier to find.
oh ok..... I will have to check.... I have a gas station very close that sells VP 110

I used stock O2 sensors years ago, they died quick with leaded 110. I switched to Denso (234-1001) after that and they lasted a long while with 110 leaded. I ran 110 leaded exclusively for about 1 season.

Yup, Nick taught me many years ago to use the Denso's. I Never looked back. I will say though that occasionally I pull the sensor out and clean it with carb cleaner. And I always carry a spare one just in case.