Off the wall interior ?

FastSteve

I know this is going to sound like a strange question. Can anyone tell me what the cubic feet measurement of the trunk space of an 86-87 GN is? I am asking this because I am looking for a "new" toy to play with, but want one that has some room in it. This is why I am thinking about a GN. I know they have a roomy enough back seat and the trunks do look fairly sizabe. I want something I can take when I go on trips because it has enough room. What fun is your "toy" if you have to leave it at home? If anyone can provide this info I would appreciate it.

i just took a tape measure out and its really dark but i got a rough estimate for you. i got 68" long x 43" wide x 17" high making it approximately 8 cu. ft. if my math is correct. of course these measurements are rough since they dont factor in the area of the upper ledge, the 2 wheel wells or the 2 "pits" on either side of the trunk where the spare tire sits.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here without looking it up.

Trunk is 18 cu ft. I think......

Wrong again. :rolleyes:

Trunk volume is 16.2 cu. ft. from the sales brochure. :)

Gas tank is 18.1 gallons. ;)

Originally posted by .38 special
I can fit four bodies with a little extra room. Its a mafia car.

Yep. Been there too. Oops! :eek: Somebody is gonna breaka my legs now! :eek:

Thank you for the information. At 16.2 cu. ft. its workable. I like the sizable fuel tank too. I am being swayed to the "dark side" as many of you call it.

I do know that two 28" X 10" wide slicks will fit in the trunk and leave room for two 5 gallon gas jugs and some tools.

Originally posted by UNGN
I do know that two 28" X 10" wide slicks will fit in the trunk and leave room for two 5 gallon gas jugs and some tools.

That is it? :) ;)

I have done: two 28x10.5" slicks fully inflated, a tool box (in spare tire well), a spare aluminum brake drum, a 3 tonne jack and a jack stand, tire iron, two 25L fuel cans, a container of zip ties, various canned fluids and cleaners, a litre of oil, a spare ECM, and some food. And this is with the rollbar eating up some space as well. ;)

I also had a pair of adult passengers inside as well. :D

These cars are great for space, I doubt I'll drive anything else for the rest of my life. :)

I once had a push lawnmower(handle folded over),full size spare,weedeater,tacklebox,Big Supersoaker plus plenty of room for more junk.

Just wanted to say that, no useful info-

A mine van! LOL! And damn, I thought I knew how to pack a trunk! I think I am going to have to hang out with you TR owners awhile and take lessons!

Oh and by the way, at the track I go to, I once watched a 4 cyl early model Caravan wack an LS1 TA!:( Sick, just plain sick. Guy takes the slicks off at the end of the day, puts them inside the van, puts on the regular tires, loads up the kids and drives home! And some people like to tell me, I HAVE A WARPED MIND!

you can fit at least two 6' men, two army size duffle bags, some random crap, and a tool box indide and still have room too move around. i did it one time when my roomate and i were trying to replace the rear speakers and a sudden downpour started in the middle of the job.

just don't close the trunk all the way.:( :( it's kinda impossible to open from the inside:D

For what it's worth I used to haul 2 10X26 slicks,2 165-15 skinnys,a floor jack,tool box, air tank and 5 gal fuel jug! I also did the 6 foot aluminum step ladder and various other obsenities that shouldn't be mentioned here. Every year the magazine GrassRoots Motorsorts holds it's $2000 challenge down here in Orlando and one of the top runners is a DCX mini van complete with turbo 2.5 and plenty of NOS. I think they got that s-box down into the twelves.