Oil at vacuum block

FastB

My vacuum fitting for the PCV on the vacuum block keeps coming off and causing vacuum leak. Noticed today that there is oil on the fitting and in the vacuum block...it's got a new Delco PCV that seemed good before I installed it.
Is this something normal? Is a catch can suggested and what's the best one to get.

I've had elevated BLM's and a little smoke upon start up.

Note: today I put a hose clamp on it to keep it from coming off again.

The PCV valve is there to pass fumes and pressure into the intake track to be burned again instead of being vented to the air.

These fumes contain oil vapor which flows only under vacuum through the PCV valve, and eventually accumulate in the vac block.

As the engine wears, and mods done for HP and RPM increases, more pressure in the crankcase means more oil vapors are flowing. :)

Your build should not have a PCV, but a oil catch can or 2 from each valve cover, or maybe a vacuum pump?

Thanks for the reply! I’ve wondered about deleting the PCV…I know I’ve had a lot of trouble with oil coming out of everything..LOL…it was coming out of my valve cover breathers until I got the angled breather which helped and now my vacuum block.
I’ll do a search on how to get rid of the pcv…I think it’s just a gigantic vacuum leak at this point..LOL.

I put a check valve inline in the pcv hose. It made a tremondous difference in crankcase pressures and virtually stopped any oil leaks I had.
Best 87 cents I ever spent. I hqve extras if you want one. Just pay shipping.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Check vavle didn't work for me I plug off Pcv and just run two open breathers no oil leaks anywhere except the little that comes out breathers , motors been like that for 8 yrs strong n I drive race my car from time to time . My boost levels are 21 22 lbs on 93 gas or 28 / 30 lbs on c16.