oil in wastegate

fast400

Pulled the TTA out for the first spring drive. Got back and noticed that the wastegate solenoid foam thingy was saturated in oil. On further investigation, I noticed the wastegate actuator was leaking oil too. What's going on here? Anyone here ever have this happen? Drove several hundred miles last year problem free...

Pulled the TTA out for the first spring drive. Got back and noticed that the wastegate solenoid foam thingy was saturated in oil. On further investigation, I noticed the wastegate actuator was leaking oil too. What's going on here? Anyone here ever have this happen? Drove several hundred miles last year problem free...

check to see what the turbo outlet looks like inside .. it may be hemorrhaging oil on the compressor side ... good time to do a SPRING CLEANING !

Take a picture...it's not oil from the drain because there is no pressure there.

Turbo was rebuilt recently. The culprit was the PCV system from the driver side valve cover. Once that was plugged, issue resolved.

Turbo was rebuilt recently. The culprit was the PCV system from the driver side valve cover. Once that was plugged, issue resolved.

the PCV is on the pass side in the lower intake goes to the plastic vacuum block on the throttlebody ..

DO you mean the valve cover vent that goes into the inlet of the turbo from the driver's side valve cover ?

I wouldn't plug that ... you could just vent it to atmosphere with a breather ... and plug off the turbo side of it .
it would be a real good idea to do some spring cleaning if that much oil is in there .. the intercooler probably is coated with oil residue ..