oil leak

MiAde2d

I have an 85 t-type. I just seen I have a pretty good size puddle of oil under my car.After cleaning the underside of my car I found that the oil looks to be coming from above the starter.Where could the oil be coming from? It's a goodsize puddle so I dought its the vavlecover.Where else to look???

near the starter towards the back? Could be valve cover gasket, could be rear main seal, or could be oil pan gasket... Simple, cheap way to find out.. Get a bottle of brake parts cleaner, spray lightly around the starter, around any oil stains and try to clean it off as good as possible! Then let it run a few times and see if you can see a defined path of oil or maybe even the exact leak!

Good luck!!

John;)

"Seal" at the back of the intake where it meets the head and block. Usually the corners leak and it will run down the parting where the head gasket is and drip off the corner of the block. Also could be pan or valve cover like stated prior. :)

"Seal" at the back of the intake where it meets the head and block. Usually the corners leak and it will run down the parting where the head gasket is and drip off the corner of the block. Also could be pan or valve cover like stated prior. :)

I think you're right about the intake Eric. If you've been getting into the boost you may have pushed the rear seal of the intake out.