Oil Light Switch

6=8

11 Year GN Owner/Operator
I have a problem... Maybe someone can help me out.

My oil pressure switch connector PLUG, having had oil drip on it for years, finally deteriorated to the point of "Is that a connector or just a blob of sludge?" About the same time, the oil light just stayed lit all the time.

So, I added an oil pressure gauge. Not wanting to lose the warning light, I added a tee fitting to retain the switch and add the new sensor. I picked up a new connector, wired it up to what I thought was correct (It was in pieces) and started the car to test it all out. Runs great 75-psi cold/15 psi hot idle.

So, the oil gauge works, but now the light does not (Ign on/car off).

I checked the bulb by swapping it with the BATT/Alt lamp (Car off). It works fine.

I verified the wiring to the sketch I made. All seems correct... But the wires are so old, the colors are hard to see... The replacement connector has all white wires... no help there.

Does anyone know what these 3 wires are for? I know 1 must be the ground for the lamp circuit... What are the other 2 for? Can anyone tell me what the pinout is?

(I know... I need a Service Manual!)

Thanks!

On the turbo engine, the oil pressure switch also feeds the fuel pump relay. There is a pink/black feed from the FP/IND fuse, and a gray signal to the FP relay, as well as the ground. The wire which feeds the inst lamp is tan. The top of the switch should have two vertical connector slots, and one horizontal. With the horizontal on the bottom, they are as follows: Horizontal (B) is the inst light wire. Left vert (A) is the pml/blk from FP/INJ fuse, and right vert (C) is the gray to the FP relay.

Thanks Ormand!

Printing this out for inspection tonight!