oil out of breathers??????

inkcushion

I need parts to go fast
I need some help! I was on the dyno the other day and my car started to smoke out of the breathers?So I shut it down> I went for a second pull,Iwas running fine and then all the sudden oil blew out of my breathers and all over my dp,started a little fire,it went right out so no big deal, car didn't loose oil pressure,wasn't running to hot, so we pulled it off the dyno let the car sit for awhile to cool down,started it up and it started to smoke out the breathers again we nursed the car home and I tore it apart,when I got the heads off had a blown head gasket on the drivers side,not in a water jacket. So my ? is is there any thing else that could be wrong like a cracked ring,and if this happened would it have messed up the cylinder walls,because there was no visable damageto the walls????? I need some help this is my daily driver so i WOULD LIKE TO GET IT BACK TOGETHER as soon as poss. , but I aslo don't want to have to take it back aPART AGAIN!!!!!!

dont worry alan. the HG can be a sort of "relief valve" for the motor. think, if the gasket hadnt blown what else may have? the key now is to install it right and keep detonation in check so it dont blow again. time for a scanmaster, ya think? :cool:

I have a scanmaster, there was only 2 degrees of knock when it ocurred I was running 116 in the tank I think it was just too much BOOST!!!!! Oh well I have to get this thing back together so I can go to the meeting on sat. Thanks Alan:eek:

Ya do want to make sure the heads are flat before you put em back on. Also chase the threads in the block, and remember to retorque the head ( I know they say there is no need to) after a few heat cycles. Later.....Danny

i thot ya didnt have the SM at orlando when i came. maybe i didnt see it. oh well get it back up running good again:D what boost were you at when it blew? what HG you using now?