oil pressure guage

dav770431

Tyler
im installing a new oil pressure guage in my 84 t type what color wire out of the 3 wires do i splice it to?

Do not splice into any factory wire, run a new one from the gauge to the sensor, when installed, that came with it.

Use the instructions that came with the gauge.

well its a gauge i had laying around which of the three connectors do i attach it to? or tabs

I don't think you understand.

you cannot hook up a gauge to the factory oil pressure switch. You have to install a gauge sending unit, and connect your gauge to that.

I don't think you understand.

you cannot hook up a gauge to the factory oil pressure switch. You have to install a gauge sending unit, and connect your gauge to that.
What isn't said is the resistance values of the stock guage and the aftermarket one most likely aren't the same. If you try to splice into the stock wiring you can cause a misreading on the guage and a few other issues. As stated above, you need to use the sending unit that came with the unit or but one that will work with it.

yep what super six said so you would have to look that gauge up and purchase the corresponding sending unit and wire it accordingly with new wires. If you look down on the passenger side of your block you will see a brass block you need to tee off of that and add your sending unit.