Oil System Question

Jay Nesbitt

Lurker Member
Hi! I was wondering if anyone knew if the oil block contains a restrictor for the turbo line on a stock system? If so what is the orifice size? I am installing a dual remote oil filter on the turboshield and was gonna tap off the return to provide newly filtered oil to the turbo.

thanks,

J N

It looks like it is just a block with the female part to the flare fitting on one end and the oil pressure switch on the other leg.

Just measured the hole; it is 0.160". Also noticed the block has a hole on the inside, where the pipe thread ends in the block, from the leg off the block, that has the same sized hole as the flare fitting for the turbo line.

So there is nothing smaller than the restriction formed by the standard flare fitting for the hard line to the turbo.

I am looking to replace my big awkward fitting since I used a pipe to connect another brass T for a gauge. Thinking about a simple pipe coupling type thing; a block with just two ends, a male pipe on one end to go into the block and a female pipe threads on the other end for the oil pressure sender. Then just get NPT, Pipe Taps to tap the block for gauge and turbo feed. Just need to be sure the part I choose to use has enough meat for a NPT tap to put a tapered thread in it. Actually, I need to check the shop catalogs for the big braided steel/AN fitting people - knew I saved them for a reason.

Thanks for the holler back, Blown and Injected....that's what I was remembering, but I was just in the filter mounting stage when I though of this.....Yeah, I have a short nipple and tee to allow elec oil gauge while retaining the stock switch, too. It puts the switch connector too close to the exhaust feed for the turbo, and my connector's shot. When I do the turbo feed from the new dual filters, I can remove that block and replace it with a smaller T. I would be very careful about trying to tap the block as I think you are saying.....I still have nightmares of the time a buddy brought me a small block ford engine he had broken an easy out off in. I Managed to save it, but just be very careful if this is REALLY necessary....

thanks,
Jn