Oklahoma Buick vs. Ford shootout

soonergn

Guys, it's set for Oct. 25th and we need ALL the Buick help we can get! It's set up so that everything from 14 sec stockers to 7 sec race cars all have an equal part in the outcome as long as there is a Ford to pair you up with in the final shootout round. Or you can come out and see what others are doing to their cars and how they run. Look guys, we can't let the Fords win this year so tune your car for max speed and help us whip some Ford tail!Here's a link to the flyer:

http://www.okbuicks.com/ShootoutFlyer.htm

I plan on coming up to play. I enjoy the event and the people.
It's always a good time.

I'll be there!

I ran my best at Noble a few years ago 12.05 @ 113mph, now i need to top it.:D

And hey I need to keep my streak alive. The last four years in the finals I am 4-0:eek:

See ya there

Is the same non-burndown rule going to be imposed on the Fords's again this year? Either way I will be there, hopefully with a healthy trans this year.
Mitch

Originally posted by buickboy
Is the same non-burndown rule going to be imposed on the Fords's again this year? Either way I will be there, hopefully with a healthy trans this year.
Mitch

Hey Mitch, how about a tune up before Noble?:D

I hear Temple is going to be the place to be come Sept. 27th!:eek:

Is the same non-burndown rule going to be imposed on the Fords's again this year? Either way I will be there, hopefully with a healthy trans this year. Mitch

I think what your talking about is the Auto Start. They set the Tree so that once someone turns on both pre stage and stage lights it gives you so many seconds (can be adjusted) to get both of your stage light on or it gives you the red eye :)

I liked the auto start but did notice that a number of GN's got the red light because of it. People must be aware that they should not be affraid to get into the lights and boost up and be ready to go. I think the timer was set at 7 seconds so if you boost up and both people have the pre stage light lit and you bump into the stage light the other person only has 7 seconds to do the same before the light will trigger.

Take Care

Originally posted by NastyGn
I think what your talking about is the Auto Start. They set the Tree so that once someone turns on both pre stage and stage lights it gives you so many seconds (can be adjusted) to get both of your stage light on or it gives you the red eye :)

I liked the auto start but did notice that a number of GN's got the red light because of it. People must be aware that they should not be affraid to get into the lights and boost up and be ready to go. I think the timer was set at 7 seconds so if you boost up and both people have the pre stage light lit and you bump into the stage light the other person only has 7 seconds to do the same before the light will trigger.

Take Care

Neal, actually last year I counted more Buicks getting the RED because of this rule than the Fords and that really doesn't make a lot of sense.

Maybe we need to educate the Buick camp a little better.

Also I thought it was 5 sec??

Originally posted by fast86gn
Neal, actually last year I counted more Buicks getting the RED because of this rule than the Fords and that really doesn't make a lot of sense.

Maybe we need to educate the Buick camp a little better.

Also I thought it was 5 sec??

You could very well be right. I did not count the number of people who got the red eye, but knew there were a number of them that I saw.

As far as the time in seconds you could also be right, I'm getting old and the memory is failing hehehe.

See Ya There

David-
I am real frustrated right now with Art Carr in California. They are saying my convertor is perfect but symptoms say different. They are suppost to sent me a brand new convertor this week anyway. Still waiting. I want to race so bad, it is not funny. Sooooon!!
Mitch

David-
I am real frustrated right now with Art Carr in California. They are saying my convertor is perfect but symptoms say different. They are suppost to sent me a brand new convertor this week anyway. Still waiting. I want to race so bad, it is not funny. Sooooon!!
Mitch

I hope it works out for ya, stick to your guns make 'em make it right. So if it's good to go soon (before Sept. 27th) does Temple sound like an option?

So far it looks like the count could be 30-40 cars maybe more with a good mix of 60's, 70's & 80's Buicks.

I know the twin turbo Opel will be there. And that reminds me what about Meankids Racing? Jay, Scott would love to see you guys in Temple as well.

Theres probably half dozen coming from Amarillo that I know of, me included. Things are coming together for me, got the hitch on the truck, found a trailer to haul the car up with in case of breakage, now I just need to get that line lock put in so I can do a decent burn out ;)

Dave

thats the one - they are having a 10.5 tire event so we just decided we would join in. Looks to be a great time here is a link to all the converstion on V8buick.com There will be a fairly nice sized group of turbo regals there and a few classic 60/70 buicks also.

here is the link if intrested Give me a PM or david newton and he will give you the heads up.

http://www.v8buick.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20370

hope to see everyone there.

John Schmidt is in that same category. He is going to be there just to support us. He will be running the twin turbo opel for time. between rounds. If you can't make it thats fine. but if you have absolutely nothing to do, we will be at the track bench racing and eating burgers

also sorry about the thread hijacking.:eek:

I'll be bringning both cars to Noble.

Is this bracket racing, or what?

TTA in the high 12's
GS in the mid 13's

I don't know if these cars will hurt, or help us in this race.

Originally posted by Captain Mark
I'll be bringning both cars to Noble.

Is this bracket racing, or what?

TTA in the high 12's
GS in the mid 13's

I don't know if these cars will hurt, or help us in this race.

Noble is all Heads Up racing!;)