Old school parts trivia.

I also found this in my stored parts... It's a "O2 simulator" and if I remember correctly, it was supposed to replace the O2 sensor going to the ecm... but I'm not 100% sure. I think it came from either Kenne-Bell or Kirban's. It has part # B87 A.

Claude. :)

DSCN5982.JPG
DSCN5983.JPG

Yes... this is especially true about the ram air system where the air filter was enclosed in a round case with a flexible tube attached to the side of the case sneaked behind the headlights and down below, under the bumper to a small scoop installed in the driver's side air dam. I was at the Englishtown NJ track with Fred Vetter and he suggested that I remove the case around the filter so I did, and on the next run the car did run faster! Needless to say that I never put it back again!
As for the plenum and the blue fuel regulator, they were good. The blue regulator was made for them by Accufab if I remember correctly.

Claude.

Do you recall what HP/ ET level this was at?

I’ve heard it was a restriction and have updated mine to a 4” filter, 85mm Z06 MAF and 3.5” maf pipe. I’m hoping it makes it go a little further. I might have to cut the bottom out as I don’t care for the open filter look, it looks unfinished to me.

As far as the intercooler scoop goes,it gobbles up the hottest air at the drag strip (the air that lives just above the black drag strip that the smokin hot sun is shining on). Red Armstrong discovered this many years ago and proved it by installing a boost activated flap that stopped the hot air from entering the intercooler scoop at WOT. After hitting a performance wall,forcefed3.8's learned of Red's discovery and put it to use on his own car and saw significant power gains. He runs in the 8.60 range with a Custom Stock Location Intercooler.

I may have misunderstood this, but I believe that ForceFed3.8 built a 'trap door' on his Intercooler scoop that would OPEN further under boost. He had it closed more for regular driving to avoid scraping it on speed bumps etc., but would open the trap door further when it hit 5lbs of boost or so. (Straight roads and Drag Strip) This would allow MORE air into and through the Stock Location Intercooler.

I'm not familiar at all with what Red Armstrong did with his. I'd be interested in seeing more about it.
Thanks!

I’ve heard it was a restriction and have updated mine to a 4” filter, 85mm Z06 MAF and 3.5” maf pipe. I’m hoping it makes it go a little further. I might have to cut the bottom out as I don’t care for the open filter look, it looks unfinished to me.
Not sure... It's been a while but I think it was around high to mid 11's...

Claude

I think the kb system had too much stuff going on to be effective, different size tubes all over,enclosures , long lengths, small filter,
for a good cold air system better off with a Tinman or a trcustoms big mouth or even a homemade with a straight through design just my 2 cents tho, you cant really "ram" air into a turbo...

I think the kb system had too much stuff going on to be effective, different size tubes all over,enclosures , long lengths, small filter,
for a good cold air system better off with a Tinman or a trcustoms big mouth or even a homemade with a straight through design just my 2 cents tho, you cant really "ram" air into a turbo...

You are so right. Get that filter out of the engine compartment period.!!

GNvenom, I have that same box w/those chips in my garage now. Someone gave them to me a long time ago, I never used any of them.

The fenderwell dump. Let's cut a massive hole in a TR specific fenderwell. Brilliant.

The fenderwell dump. Let's cut a massive hole in a TR specific fenderwell. Brilliant.
No one really cared about that, even today it's no "big thing". I did have a fenderwell dump pipe years ago and today, I still have the same fenderwell on which I put a cover, nice and clean and people don't notice it. There was and still is only one priority and that's to go fast.

I bought them both [emoji846]

Fender dump wasn’t bad, Open exhaust without lying on the ground.

Fred helped me bolt the compressor housing on in his driveway[emoji106]

I bought them both [emoji846]

Fender dump wasn’t bad, Open exhaust without lying on the ground.

Fred helped me bolt the compressor housing on in his driveway[emoji106]
Yeah I also remember going to to Fred's house in Belle Mead, NJ. He had a single garage at ground level in the side of the house and another one under the house which you accessed from behind. That's where he started Dynotech. A while later, he moved the shop to Manville, NJ.

Claude.

P.S: The only problem with the fenderwell dump was that the front wheel got all black, coated with soot coming out of the pipe...:confused: