Old Turbo Regal magizine articles archived?

WkillGS

Project car collector
Once upon a time, I recall seeing old TR magazine articles on the Before Black site. Were they removed or put elsewhere?

There are a couple on there Walt but you need to look carefully to find them. If nothing else send a PM to Rich and he'll hook you up.

Rich has a list of articles, but not the articles themselves.
I'd like to put some copies up for everyone, just need a site to host them.

That would be cool. I've always want to read some of the old school tech articles on the draw thru cars:cool:

and them when we get them going we can make it a sticky and maybe get them put on Rich's site too:cool:

That would be great. I've been wanting to read some of those old articles for years, but can't find many of them. I have stumbled across many of the early performance articles about modified one's, but few new car tests that I would love to see. Obviously, I like to read, since I don't post much lol. I'm glad to see this section and enthusiasm growing, even if I'm not making much progress myself...too many other things to worry about. I've got an '87 that I can drive to cruise-ins, race, daily drive, etc..., but I still troll this board and miss actually driving the '83. BTW, I almost never read about the SFI cars anymore. Is that wierd? Anybody else flip through old magazines just to read old car ads? Some of the can be very funny, but they always take me back.

Keep it up guys. Solid advice and an open friendly community mean much more than which cars turn the best ET's.

You guys wanna have a flashback, go to thirdgen.org they got a HUGE pile of articles. Even got one on the 1LE cars. I always thought it would be cool to have one of those. WOuldn't matter if it was 350 auto or 305 manual, there's a cool factor to both:cool:

I think a clean 3rd gen is still a great looking car and would love to have one. Around here though, they are all trashed and have the mullet car rep. I remember reading about 1LE's way before I had a driver's license, but I got obsessed with turbo buicks when I was 14 and found my TType in 92 when I turned 16.

third gens are just cool to cruise in. Especially when you got the ttops out at night. The girls love cruisin the town:cool:

I had a third Gen when I was in TN. It was fun to drive around and since it was an LG4 I put a bigger cam in it. Woke it up quite a bit and then I tweeked the suspension. Made a world of difference in the way the car behaved. I do miss haveing it but I needed the cash.

I love the way the third gens handle. In my old 86 I could be going 50 and whip into a sidestreet like a slingshot. That won't happen in any 4th gen that's for sure. I've tried it in mine.

Well I cheated a little Jesse. I got the sway bars off a WS Firechicken and shortened the end links for better response. I could go around a turn at 65 and keep her flat all the way through. I loaned to to a friend while I was working on his car and he'd never driven a "fast" car. His biggest complaint was that he couldn't keep his foot out of the throttle. LOL

Post them here Walt. What better place?

With a size limitation of 800x800, a magazine page is practically unreadable when posted here. Rich said his site has space limitations.
My ISP does offer web space. maybe I can put some there. I just never used it before..... more new tricks to learn!
I still need to dig up those 30-year-old magazines....I know they're still here somewhere!

Well if you can get a tripod and take pics they'll come out better and you can resize them to fit. That would be the easiest way to do it.

The 1LE you guys are talking about thats a camaro right? Not sure but my girls uncle talked about those 1LE cars and how his is a R7U players car which is real head turner