Opinions: How long do you think it will hold up?

trbojo

'Stang Stinger
Getting ready to have the 200r4 built one more time before converting to a th400. how long do you all think it should last on a car making enough power to go mid to low 11's? mainly street driven and raced, with about 20 track runs a year. this is with a decent rebuild, of course.

Thanks guys.

Hi-Pro from Dynotech in Jersey.

Get a few extra billet parts and run it for a few years. :)

I like to think I have mid 11 power. ;)

Don't exactly know what HP level you are asking about?

425-500 RWHP?

I can't hook tho.

:(

I daily drive mine, got about 20K on it over 2 years.

Just the billet servo in my Hi-Pro probably more options you could ask for.

Just one alternative. :cool:

too hard to say... it would be a guess.... I had one very well built and it snapped the fwd drum shaft first pass. a good build w/o breakage still kinda hard to guess, but 50k would be a reasonable one. or do like salvageV6 did and have a little more assurance.

how long it will last probably depends on how much you will be racing it.i got dynotechs trans and all is well so far. my car should go low 11s this season.id hope iwould get a few years out of it.:D

Do you lock that Protorque at the track with that combo.?

Let me know how it lasts this year.

Want to know if I should get something stronger if I port the heads in one of my cars.

TIA.

not long without an e430 forward drum.it is cheaper to put it in now than it is to repair the transmission when it fails.any reputable shop can install it during an overhaul as well as be given the tech info from us to get it work right.

i'm guessing around 450-500 hp. the last time out i went consistant 12.20's with 1.7 60' times, which means 11.9- 11.8 with some traction. could get more power with a good tune on the car. i also plan on adding a 3" downpipe with an external gate.

Mine has lasted three seasons from a low11 sec to low 10 sec passes. Soon to be in the 9's and still going strong. It hasn't seen too many street miles latley. Once I recieve the billit overdrive setup it will have every billit part in it. At your hp level I would at least go with a billit foward drum.

the input shaft is less likely to break before the input shaft.put in the drum first,its harder to replace and is probably 50 times more likely to break imo.drum is 399.00,not worth skipping over during the overhaul.

Originally posted by salvageV6
Do you lock that Protorque at the track with that combo.?

Let me know how it lasts this year.

Want to know if I should get something stronger if I port the heads in one of my cars.

TIA.
Alan getting ready to do some work on the old girl?

Only after I pop one of the magic seals.

Probably be this year with my luck. :p

I'd rather put the heads on the GN which is the car you saw but the motor is in better shape in the WE4.

Just wondering if the Protorque can take the power locked up.

Ummm..... me. :)

Things like the HR bar I go to a local shop in North Haven, Desroches Automotive to use their lift.

Reasonable labor prices and I can help with these odd aftermarket parts like the Baer brakes installs and such.

They know all about G bodies and I help them with TR specific stuff and have tons of tools and parts etc.

Jack C. set my pinion angle in the car and his kid bubba welded up my Postons and one stock header. :)

All the tuning, alky. stuff, electronics, simple bolt ons I do.

First set of heads I am not sure who will do them, prolly be me in da driveway.

Hence no reason to do them anytime soon I hope. ;)

They will be iron too. :cool:

Bobby (RPE) will build the shortblock if I ever need one, maybe even a longblock if the motor goes before the headgaskets in one of the cars.

Other than that I just drive them, hate working on them actually.

:p