Opinions on Mease Sheet metal plenum?

JDSfastGN

Any input on the old Mease sheet metal upper plenum? I got one of these in a package deal last month and am debating running it or not? It looks nice and the welds are great but would it really be any improvement over my ported stock unit with the RJC plate? My new setup is a 252 ci stroked 109 with my current ported Irons. Was there any hard data on cfm, or how well it distributes air? Thanks for the input.

I have a Mease sheet metal intake manifold which was already installed when I bought the engine a few years ago. It also came with a sheet metal plenum without any "power plate" on it. I don't have any data or comparison with a regular cast intake manifold but it works fine for me, at least good enough run mid 9's.

Claude. ;)

Thanks for the reply. Its missing the piece of aluminum that redirects airflow but I was able to scale a picture I found of the piece on the web and plan on fabbing up a new piece and get it welded on to try it out.

never had it , and that one was a 65mm as all the ones ive seen are , i opened it up to 70mm

i had this 65mm on my 87x , its a little shorted than the one on my 86 , it has the deflector ,

mease -accu 65mm.jpg
mease accu 65mm.jpg

Mine doesn't look like that at all…Here:

Claude.
IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0006.JPG

I think it looks different because I have the whole sheet metal intake to go with it when compared with the one you guys posted which is meant to be used with a stock manifold.

Last edited:
Mine looks like pacecartas plenum.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 114