Opinions The best hooking street slick

bass87gn

Im debating on what tire to go with need some opinions on whats the best hooking street slick (on the street of course) Mickey Thompson et street, M and H, Hoosier quick time pro?????

You need a slick. They offer better results. Your question can't be answered cut and dry. So many factors are involved when you try to make a car hook on the street. What other mods do you have?

Depends if you'll be running on asphalt or concret, M @ H best on concret (they have the softest compond),Hoosier or McCeary's on asphalt,Mickey Tompsons are pretty much just a dress tire...One thing you must know when running street slick, becuase of the soft compounds, if it Rains any, your Done!! you will not be able to drive over 30mph without your car's rear end coming out from under you!! Or if your car's at a light on hill, when light turn green, instead of fowards, you'll go Backwards!! heh. I've gave up on street slicks an went to Falken autocross tire,there nothing like an M@H off the line but will hook on roll an works fine in all weather (Well i don't have snow in Florida...8^)..)

Enjoy!

Ive seen a few people using Nitto NT05R. Never tried them myself, but something to think about.

I went with ET streets this time around because I don't plan on ever driving it in inclement weather.

My old 275/60/15 Nitto's on stock GN wheels worked good though. Lasted about 15k miles and went 1.62 60ft at the track.

i would have to say the m/t. ive had really good results with them. as far as driving when its wet, ive never had a problem. driven 55 mph on the highway in pouring rain. imo u just have to know how to drive. i ran the nittos for awhile and could never get them hooked up. they seem to be a harder tire than the others. again this is just my opinion. :)