other hoods fit on 81 century?

liquidh8

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what other hoods fit on the 1981 century wagon? Do the 78-8? regals? I don't car much if the body lines line up, just looking at options. There are glass hoods available for the 78 to like 82 regals, but nothing for century.:(

Thanx!!

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what other hoods fit on the 1981 century wagon? Do the 78-8? regals? I don't car much if the body lines line up, just looking at options. There are glass hoods available for the 78 to like 82 regals, but nothing for century.:(

Thanx!!

I just checked my Hollander Interchange Manual. I am assuming since this is a wagon that you don't need a dome in the hood. According to the manual the following hoods interchange:

W/O Dome
'78-'81 century
'78-'80 regal
'82-'84 4dr. Regal

W/ Dome
'79-80 Century
'78-80 Regal

So it seems to me that if you found a glass hood that would work for a 78-80 Regal according to Hollander it will bolt right on to your Century Wagon without any modifications. Hopefully this helps. Keep us posted just in case another member has the same question down the road.

Also if any members with actual experience in this swap know otherwise please chime in. I am only getting this information from the Hollander Manual and I have no personal experience in the swap.

~Dan

Thanks Dan! Yes, I don't need the bumb, I want to go with something one off and custom.