Other Places to Advertise

Original_Owner

Those of you that have read my previous post know that I am in a hurry to sell my Buick in order to return to the family in South America.

I am willing to pay a moderate fee to advertise the car.

Aside from this site, have any of the members had particular success with other places such as hemmings.com, Classic Cars and Parts magazine and website, local newspapers, etc?

After having been out of the country for several years, I hope that I can take advantage of the expertise available on this board to narrow down the choices that work well.

Thanks.

I think from what I'm reading a quick sell is going to require a drop in price more than anything. Gotta give people a reason to want it NOW.

Drop in Price

Yes, I know that I may have to drop the price even though I just put $4,000 in the engine and transmission.

On this board, I am willing to listen to any offers.

For example, here on Buy Cars Online, New & Used Car Search, Auto Classifieds is what appears to be a nice T-Type with significantly lower total miles, but it still has 90,000 miles more on the engine than mine.

Cars.com: 1987 Buick Regal T-Type

Honestly, thanks for the constructive criticism.

Know one is going to pay that kind of $ for a 207K regal in this economy , new engine or not.

Lots of cars for sale with twice the upgrades and half the miles.

There, I said it.

Help Me Out Here

I am trying to understand why you folks think that the car I have for sale is worth so little.

The NADA classic car guide lists the car at $9,200 "low retail", without factoring in the new engine and trans.

1987 Buick Regal 2 Door Coupe T-Type Turbo price report at NADAguides.com

Is it only the high miles, or is it something else? Do you think that the NADA guide is unrealistic?

The car does not have a wealth of upgrades like some of the others on the board because I wanted it to be dependable and not have problems passing the CA smog tests.

I would add some more pictures too. Highlight the positives some more. People seem to like that, might help push someone to come test drive.

Other Places to Advert

Those of you that have read my previous post know that I am in a hurry to sell my Buick in order to return to the family in South America.

I am willing to pay a moderate fee to advertise the car.

Aside from this site, have any of the members had particular success with other places such as hemmings.com, Classic Cars and Parts magazine and website, local newspapers, etc?

After having been out of the country for several years, I hope that I can take advantage of the expertise available on this board to narrow down the choices that work well.

Thanks.

I have been watching the FOR SALE section for quite some time now, and this is only my opinion, so take it for what is worth.
Number 1, the whole economy is down, that includes cars as well.
This board is a very focused audience for these cars , and in fact most people already have one or two or ? of them, but not all.

You need to post locally, and also try the yahoo auto and auto trader listers as an alternate.

I am absolutely amazed at the low SELLING price of many cars that are listed here.
I have never used ebay, but if you are serious it might be worth a try.

One of the biggest factors seems to be, how fast do you want to sell the car.
Are you willing to hold it for a while until the right buyer comes around, or do you need to get rid of it ASAP ?
If you have to get rid of quickly the price is key.
It will have to be dropped to get the interest up.
Not much help, but maybe get you thinking of ways to sell that you can live with.
Steve

Just a thought for your sale...

Go and get the A/C recharged, replace ther rear fillers (ABS is cheap), fix the cruise, (it's cheap and easy to fix). Just those 3 fixes negate some of the "issues" you have previously outlined, and it's relatively cheap to do.

Original paint is not that much of an issue. It's the 207k miles. People are freaked out about everything. High miles scare people because they think stuff is going to break or need replacing. (it'll be hard to get past that stigma). However, if there is nothing that needs fixing, people may be more inclined to buy at or near your asking price, especially considering the recent engine and trans work.

Good Luck with the sale.

i understand how you feel about selling t for cheep. my 82 t-type has over $7,000 invested in a new 4.1 jasper motor and a turbo 350 tranny. it has an exterior dark block and a lite redwood original paint. (rare) the body has 107k on it and the motor has 20k and tranny has 50k. iive tried selling it around $5000 b/c of how the economy is. i just had a guy yesterday tell me he will give me $1700 cash for it. and hes got a 87 gnx, 86 turbo t and a 86 gn. so im considering the offer. look it sucks to let ur car go for cheep, but in this economy....sometimes u got no chose. sry man wish i could offer some better advice

Reduced Price, More Photos, and Parts for Sale

First, I want to sincerely thank everybody for their help.

I have reduced the price to $10,999.

More photos are available at:
Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

One of the members asked about the parts that I have stashed away to keep the Buick running. I did an inventory of these and will shortly list them in the Parts for Sale section. You can tell from the list that I intended to keep the car for a long time (though 22 years with the vehicle isn't shabby).