Out Of Ideas. =[ Help!!!

Just fix the car and drive it the way it is until you get the time and money saved up to do what you want with it.

Yeah thats the plan. So far Car shopping has been awful. Everyone says their cars have clean titles but refuse to pull a Carfax. Easy fix, my auto body guy check them out for me for free. HAha.

Just fix the car and drive it the way it is until you get the time and money saved up to do what you want with it.

X2 on this. With the current situation going on financing something is a bad idea to say the least. Do the repair as inexpensively as you can right now and save some money. I know you live in Taxatuchetets (sp) but keep what you have for now and write down what you want to do and make a budget. This way you should be able to get it done.

X2 on this. With the current situation going on financing something is a bad idea to say the least. Do the repair as inexpensively as you can right now and save some money. I know you live in Taxatuchetets (sp) but keep what you have for now and write down what you want to do and make a budget. This way you should be able to get it done.

Yes and actually I forgot to mention that the reason for me looking is that you can poke a hole through the frame with your fingers. :mad:

Yeah so not happy. I am looking at a few cars. A found a couple Saabs I like and I really love the way they drive plus they have a turbo and they are GM cars as well. :cool: I know repairs can be costly but I really like the package they bring.

the rust on the rear frames is standard issue on any gbody. I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. If you don't like the car put it on the board for sale and put the intake up for sale in the b4 black section so at least us buick guys get a chance at it.

Oh no. The frame rot is on my Cavalier which is my DD and why I need a new car.

The regal's tranny is acting up so I'm parking it until I can afford a rebuild.

You're not to far from NY so see if chris can do a deal for you. Go check out http://www.ckperformance.com/. He's a vendor and makes us some really good deals on trannys as well as parts. Glad to hear it's not the Regal you want to get rid of. I think bison lives near you too so you might want to check with him as well.

I'm backkk. I just finished up a summer college class and devoted some time to my Regal. I just pulled the radiator and I am taking out ALL of the A/C parts so I can run a fresh air intake out behind the 2 middle headlights. I will be taking those out and hopefully find the guy that makes screens that fit inside the bulb holders. Once I have the intake off I am going to buy a cam and lifters along with a new timing change. Anything else I should do while I'm in there? I will post pics soon!

Earl Browns timing cover mods for better oil pressure would be a good sugestion.

Sounds good to me. I have just a few questions..... ;)

1. How do I pull the Fan off?

2. Also I kinked the fuel line but I wanted to replace it with a SS flex line anyways. Do I need to drain the gas tank to replace it?

3. My waterneck looks like s**t and I need a new gasket. Does anyone know the summit part number?

4. How hard is it to replace the lifters along with the cam?

5. Do I need to drain the oil out to replace the cam.

6. Any other easy and cheap mods to do while I have the engine opened up?

That is all. Please be nice, remeber I'm an 18 year old noob who went to school for Plumbing, but do to layoffs decided to go to college for engineering. =] Its taken me awhile to do this beacuse I sqeeze the time in when I can. Thanks, Mike :cool:

Sounds good to me. I have just a few questions..... ;)

1. How do I pull the Fan off?

2. Also I kinked the fuel line but I wanted to replace it with a SS flex line anyways. Do I need to drain the gas tank to replace it?

3. My waterneck looks like s**t and I need a new gasket. Does anyone know the summit part number?

4. How hard is it to replace the lifters along with the cam?

5. Do I need to drain the oil out to replace the cam.

6. Any other easy and cheap mods to do while I have the engine opened up?

That is all. Please be nice, remeber I'm an 18 year old noob who went to school for Plumbing, but do to layoffs decided to go to college for engineering. =] Its taken me awhile to do this beacuse I sqeeze the time in when I can. Thanks, Mike :cool:

The fan is held on with 4 1/2" nuts.

Flex line is ok and you don't need to drain the gas tank if you loosen the cap to keep pressure from building up on the tank.

You can get the gasket at any parts store. It's the same for all the Buick V6 engines except for the SFI engines.

You pull the lifters out when you do the cam so it's not a problem but kind of a pain. They may have some build up so they will be "stuck" when you try to pull them out.

Change the oil before you're done because it will have crap in it after you scrape everything off the block.

The fan is held on with 4 1/2" nuts.

Flex line is ok and you don't need to drain the gas tank if you loosen the cap to keep pressure from building up on the tank.

You can get the gasket at any parts store. It's the same for all the Buick V6 engines except for the SFI engines.

You pull the lifters out when you do the cam so it's not a problem but kind of a pain. They may have some build up so they will be "stuck" when you try to pull them out.

Change the oil before you're done because it will have crap in it after you scrape everything off the block.

Sounds good to me! I am going to order the cam this week along with the lifters!

Also Charlief1 I looked at the link you posted for the transmission guy in New York. Once my build is done I am going to order one. I will porbably rent a U-Haul to pick it up and then drop the tranny off at my mechanic's.

I know this sounds stupid but you might want to contact him. He may be able to do it and save you some money. You're also close to bison (Brian) so you can get the same thing and have a fall back if you have a problem. Both of them have a great deal of knowledge on the trannies.

I know this sounds stupid but you might want to contact him. He may be able to do it and save you some money. You're also close to bison (Brian) so you can get the same thing and have a fall back if you have a problem. Both of them have a great deal of knowledge on the trannies.

Sounds good. Will do.

So I have the carb off and I am almost ready to pull the intake off. Everything is good there. Some of the parts on the old intake are rusty and I want to buy new ones for the new intake. I will post pics.

Does anyone know if they sell a kit with all of the bolts for an intake and its attachments?

Also I need to know how to pull the fan clutch off for when I do the cam. Its in the way.

Thanks, Mike

Okay and another headache. There is a different type of bolt on the drivers side right next to the distributor. Does anyone know the size. It has the star in the middle. Also Do i need to remove the distributor?

T45 torx should take care of the bolt. It has to be reused so don't loose it. As far as a bolt kit you'll have to make one up yourself and the fan clutch has 4, 1/2" bolts holding it on. Leave the belts on so the water pump doesn't turn when you take the bolts out.

Ready for action!

Finally pulled the intake off. It looked really beat. I found leaves under the carb before I pulled it.

I am ready for a cam swap and looking into buying one within the week.

First a few questions:

1) The new intake manifold does NOT have and inlets for the air pump. Hmmm. What needs to be done? Can I got with out it?

2) I need a new waterneck and another thing. I cant remember the name, but it looks like a mushroom and has a diaphram in it with one line going to it. Damn writers block.....:confused:

3) Lastly would it be worthwhile to change the springs? If so how much more will that set me back?

Now for the pictures. I need some help deciding on a cam but CharlieF1's looks like a decent option. I was wondering how much of a difference it would make?

Pic of engine (spilled a little coolant:biggrin: ):

S6302356.jpg

The new intake. This set me back a whopping 51.00 shipped!:
S6302358.jpg

The old and the new (couldnt get that stupid line off):
S6302357.jpg