Paint center console lid??? Possible???

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
I have some interior paint that is a perfect match for my blue interior. Would like to paint the center console lid. This paint works great on the plastic parts. The console lid looks like leather.... will this work?

Depending on the paint you have it should work. I would use something like SEM vinyl dye (PPG and DuPont both make it too) it will wear off over time though.

I have a can of SEM paint from postons. It was a pain to get paint shipped to Hawaii. Thanks..... Im gonna paint the lid.

i did my whole interior but just dust the layers on don't do a heavy coat. it took me 5 coats to get a good coverage. dries in 10 minuts so its not that bad but the paint smells bad though. let the final coat sit for 1 hour, then you can put it back in the vehicle without smuging or scratching the paint.

For Vinyl use the prep SEM sells as well before applying the dye. It'll soften the vinyl some and make the dye stick better. I've got a dash out in the garage that was done that way and it's held up, especially since I haven't had time to put it in the car.