paint on rear bumper fillers

JRC86GN

Hi

Is their any way to get more shine on the factory paint on my rear bumpers wothout repainting?

Thanks
Jack

Those take quite a beating. You probably have no clear left on them, so your ability to get them to shine again is limited.

If they are starting to get a haze to them that you can't remove, they may be ready to crumble. They get a whiteish haze to them when they are ready to go.

If they are starting to get a haze to them that you can't remove, they may be ready to crumble. They get a whiteish haze to them when they are ready to go.

They look good that day when you buf them up, then the next day or two they have that haze again, soon after that they will start to crack in places.

kirbans 2 cents worth

I think you wil find everyone in agreement on this question. Providing yours are in good shape and had good paint on them, when these cars sit they cloud over. Its like some sort of chemical reaction in the air. Doesn't matter what the conditions are heated building, non heated when they sit they cloud up fog up whatever.

We got a 700 mile car and it happens to that and even affects the paint on the bumpers. Car sits in a heated building off the painted concrete floor. Most noticeable of course on a black car.

I would not be concerned unless they get hard and then they crack and fall apart. GM rear fillers are about as much money now as you can buy an entire drum to drum rear for. Crazy, but they are around one grand for the pair not painted, from GM if they are still available.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Rear Fillers

Mine Were The Same Way,but They Were Not Hard, They Seemed Fine Until I Went To Paint Them, They Started To Tear At The Top Seams Wheni Started Sanding Them(i Gave A Aftermarket Set To My Friend Weeks Prior)sooo I Just Purchased A Fiberglass Set, Worked Them Over And Installed Them.(i Did Put The Drain Holes In Both Sides) They Really Look Like Factory....