Painted Hartline Glass Hood

thrlskr

Just got the car back from the body shop. My body guy had about 5 hours of sanding/blocking into the hood to get it right and smooth. He also back taped the built in molding and painted it with a matte finish.

You would never know it was glass!

Fit was great and nice to drop some additional weight.

Bill

Attachments

• Shawns3.jpg
    Shawns3.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 309
  • Shawns5.jpg
    Shawns5.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 315
  • Shawns6.jpg
    Shawns6.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 309
  • Shawns9.jpg
    Shawns9.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 321
Wow!!! Looks great! If you slap a hood insulator on it, it will be impossible to tell it's glass without tapping on it.

Thanks for the compliments. My body guy who has been in the business 30 years was extremely impressed with the hood...first time we dropped the hood with the pin installed it fit dead on.

Will be installing a hood pad shortly but don't really need to - looks great on the underside painted as well.

Cal -You need to make a fiberglass header panel & doors!

Bill

Attachments

• Shawns10.jpg
    Shawns10.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 259
That hood looks great ! I have the second Hartline hood ever made. They were nice then, but they are about as close to perfect now . Ive had glass hoods for many different cars and none have ever been this nice. The new stock appearance bumpers are made from a bumper I provided and they are just as nice.

I dont know if you would want to deal with fiberglass doors. We had them on Cals car and simply, they were a pain when equipped with the stock hardware. Now Carbon Fiber doors may be much better.

I bought one from Holley in BG last spring and I am impressed. I have had comments that when it shuts it sound as though it was made of steel.