park av mods

kaiser bear

I've got the 3.8L SC and I was planning on putting in a CAI. On the airbox that is in there, there is a sensor that runs into the box. I believe its the IAT sensor, but I just want to be sure. If it is the IAT, when i put on the CAI, where do i relocate it?

probably the IAT
doesnt matter where you relocate it...theoretically its better to have it closer to the end of the intake, where the air is cooler

I've always seen them screwed into the Cone filter bottom, and sometimes you might need to add an extension of wire to reach it.
You want it in the intake air stream and "don't" want it screwed into something "hot"...

In making my intake, I am going to have a 45 degree rubber elbow coming off the throttle body, followed by a straight peice that will connect to the 9in k&n cone filter. On the straight peice, would it be better to use aluminized muffler pipe rather than pvc pipe?

either one...of course aluminum looks better
i just made one for a '01 GTP...i couldn't find what i really wanted in pvc(openings were all different)so i got a 3.5" alum pipe and made a nice one
i can sell you one with a 3.5" aluminum 45 degree bend and a 9" cone air filter if you want
i can powdercoat the pipe in flat black, shiny black, silver, or polished aluminum:)