parking brake light and trac off light are on

bttwracing86T

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE 6!
my mother has a 3800 supercharged v6 regal year 2000. for some reason the brake light and trac off light together are on and i have no idea what it is the owners manual says something about a break system problem with the brake light on. my question to yall is if you have had this problem before and or how was it fixed or what do you suggest. i am thinking about taking it back to the deal and have them fix what ever it is we dont know enough about the new regals we just know the gn's and thats about it. any sugestions on what to do???? or look for.

thanks
tim:mad:

not abs fuse

good guess man but i just checked it and no luck i will check all the fuses tommorow though. anyone else have any suggestions????

Its entirely possible that one of the abs pickups has died. That's what happened with my friend's car when he had to replace the front left pick up.

BC.

ill check the fluid

ill check the fluid and all but the cars fairly new ill still check its entirely possible that its low but doubtful all at once.

This means that the ABS is disabled for one reason or another. You might check all the plugs in the sensor wires there's plugs at each wheel and also a couple under the car. Try unplugging them and plug them back in this scrapes the contact in case of corrosion which if there's a leak in any of them it doesn't take long to occur.
Hope this helps,

I just had this problem and it was because the brake fluid was low. I reccomend checking that.

I think, but I'm not sure, that the only way for the brake light to be on AND the trac off light to be on is that the car thinks the e-brake is still engaged. The low-fluid and bad ABS theories are good, but wouldn't have any impact on the trac off light. If there were an ABS problem, the Anti-Lock light would stay lit.

When it's dark, or in a garage, turn the key on in park and see if the headlights come on by themselves. If they don't, it's because the car thinks the e-brake is set (you can start and idle the car in the dark without the headlights coming on only if you start the car with the e-brake set). Check to make sure that the e-brake is really completely disengaged. If they do come on, then that's not what it is and you've just wasted 30 seconds of your life reading this.

Jim

brake fluid was at the line like the middle section which is where it should be and i am going to check the e brake thing now maybe something good will happen and it will stop.

i was wrong i took a closer look at the brake fluid and the max level was a ways up from where it was. funny thing my dad told me to check the sensors where the wheels are for abs and all and they were fine he told me to fix the light no matter what so i am lookin for anything to have the lights on and the cars on lights on and i am trying the sensor at the wheels and i am like ill try the brake fluid thing again so i looked and noticed it was sopposed to be above where it looked like it was sopposed to be so i added brake fluid and what do you know the lights went off and i have not seen them on again. thanks for all yalls help.

thanks
tim:D