Part Location Identification

Wiseman118

Hello everyone, I have an 86 GN and i don't know where this plastic cable bracket is supposed to be mounted at. Can someone let me know where it is supposed to be mounted at? Maybe even post a pic.

This plastic piece is located on the passenger side fender, near the a/c dryer. I have circle the part in red in the photo. Thanks!

IMG_1857.jpg

I think that goes at the bottom of the front cover and fits below or infront of the front part of the oil pan and bottom of the front conver. There should be two studs protruding from the front cover that it goes on and is held in place by nuts on the studs.

If your wire loom does not reach that far down than I am totally off......

That bolts below the oil pan, the bolt holes face up and go on either side of the oil pan. If you cant figure it out I can get you a picture

It holds the positive feed wire from the alternator stud to the battery.

Unplug the wire from the Alternator and run it down below the Balancer You will see two studs on either side. If you have a Stock innercooler follow the mounting bracket to the engine. The tab mounts with a 8mm thread nut on top.
BTW I love the twist Tie!!

Looks like your engine may have been pulled once before. I can't figure any other way that conduit would end up tied off up top. I just pulled my OEM IC & mounting brackets and saw that piece down low behind the lower pulley.

~JM~

Are there any options to running the alternator charge cable anywhere else? Pics?

You could add more wire and run it anywhere you want. If your gonna add wire make sure its somewhere thats not seen

Yep - I know. I was trolling for ideas.

I should make my own thread about it - sorry OP, for the derail.

Thanks

That bolts below the oil pan, the bolt holes face up and go on either side of the oil pan. If you cant figure it out I can get you a picture

No it does not bolt to the oil pan (although that might work) to be correct it mounts to the two lower studs holding the front cover in place. On the passenger side will be the intercooler bracket that has to be removed and this slid on that stud, then the intercooler bracket bolted over that.

SIXBANGR shows a good picture of one of the studs on the driver's side. Which also shows how that side's intercooler bracket is bolted over it.

No it does not bolt to the oil pan (although that might work) to be correct it mounts to the two lower studs holding the front cover in place. On the passenger side will be the intercooler bracket that has to be removed and this slid on that stud, then the intercooler bracket bolted over that.

SIXBANGR shows a good picture of one of the studs on the driver's side. Which also shows how that side's intercooler bracket is bolted over it.
Sorry for the confusion, Thats what I ment to say it just didnt come out that way, Long week...

Yes, I Have recently dropped in my rebuilt engine and lost track of where this loom went to.

Thanks everyone for the responses. Thanks SIXBANGR for the pic. I will re-route and bolt it down tomorrow.