Part throttle detonation

headslide

What would cause part throttle detonation ? About 7-10 pounds of boost I can here the detonation .it's only part throttle ,I'm gonna try to get a powerlog of it and post it .just throwing it out there thanks for the help

I think it's both but what I'm wondering is can I add fuel or remove timing with the 6.1 chip and the mid boost parameter

I don't know a lot about the 6.1 , I use the SD2. What's it say in the instruction sheet?

Also watch your stock O2 sensor. Use it to confirm your wideband readings, ensure the wideband makes sense.

Follow timing verification procedure first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you get to make any adjustments to the chip settings yet?
Yes but it's not really easy I've try ed to change the 099 in the cell for mid boost but ,I keeps resetting it's self to 099 .I don't know what I'm doing wrong .worked with it yesterday but my laptop went dead and it started to storm ,so quit for the night .I even try ed to put in the change and turn off ignition ,sill nothing changed to099.please keep the ideals comming having a lot of trouble here thank you all for your help

Probably ought to run that programming issue by Eric and see what he thinks. If the chip won't accept the numbers you are trying to program into it I'm sure Eric could help get it sorted out.

If you can give me the numbers on the chip, I can look it up to see exactly how it was set up. You'll have to pull the chip out, or give me the original invoice number.
For now, you can reduce WOT timing using the parameters, which will also reduce timing in that 10psi range.
To change parameters using powerlogger, make sure you have the key on, engine off, in monitor mode. If the powerlogger is older, you might need to reflash and update software.