Parts wanted in Chicago Area.

OGLxSinist3r

I will keep this in one thred as we will most likely be adding parts that we will be looking for. Working on a project 87 GN with a Guy at work.

Drivers side mirror (any color)
Horn button
Front and rear bumper fillers (any color)
We would like to find a used scanmaster 2.1

I will add parts that we will be looking for a bump this thred. The car is in the body shop currently. We picked the car up local. A good sized tree fell on the driver rear portion of the car and took out the left quarter, trunk, and tail light. We were lucky to find a parts car near by, but we are missing odds and ends. The main focus is the body work and paint job, then we will get into the powertrain when the body is finished. Thanks ahead of time.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I should have a horn button laying around somewhere. I'll try to remember to look tonight.

I'm in Lemont. The owner of the GN lives in Chicago near midway, and we both work in Melrose park. So that will work out good. If you run across it, one of us will come get it.

I will be in lemont Monday and I am sure I have a few driver side mirrors around here. $40 sound good? Shoot me a pm and I'll dig one out.

I will be in lemont Monday and I am sure I have a few driver side mirrors around here. $40 sound good? Shoot me a pm and I'll dig one out.

Just saw your post now. I will pm you in a bit once I run this by Balt (owner of the car)

Did you buy the car that was on craigslist a few weeks ago? I think I saw one that had rear quarter damage like you mentioned. Glad to hear it's getting fixed!

Did you buy the car that was on craigslist a few weeks ago? I think I saw one that had rear quarter damage like you mentioned. Glad to hear it's getting fixed!

That's the one. He picked it up pretty cheap. Less than $5000. A tree fell on it right after the car was painted. Had no insurance on it at the time, so clean title. Car is really clean. Underside only has surface rust, so after the bodybwork and paint, he's gonna sandblast and seal it. Car has 99k original miles. Needs a tune up runs rich, but its all there. Going to check out the normal Turbo regal stuff when the body is squared away and go from there. Car is mostly stock. Sounded like it could have a very mild can, but no sure. Typical t top car rust on the a pillar...but the body Guy is going to fix that.

Sent from my LG-P999 using TurboBuick mobile app

So...I had my car at the body shop a few weeks ago and they threw the horn button on and instead of getting the grand national one back they gave me another T-type one. Not sure how that happened...so anyway I don't have a horn button for you. Sorry about that.

So...I had my car at the body shop a few weeks ago and they threw the horn button on and instead of getting the grand national one back they gave me another T-type one. Not sure how that happened...so anyway I don't have a horn button for you. Sorry about that.

OK, its all good. I've got a few other people checking to see if they have one. Thanks for looking out!

Thanks for the mirror Rob. I will let you know of we come across something else we may need.
Thanks again turbobuick.com

Still looking for a scanmaster and a horn button with the tri shields. I'm thinking if no one has bumper fillers by the end of the week, we will just get them new. That's the only thing we are missing for the body. Body shop should be starting on the car this week thanks to some fellow members on here!