Passenger Motor Mount Troubles - Problem Fixed

8UWITH6

Keepin' The Shiny Side Up
If anybody has ever had any issues installing stock style motor mounts on their Turbo Regal's, I have a bit of advice for you. After fighting, grinding, notching, and cutting for 3 hours today on my passenger side motor mount from Napa, I said forget it and pulled it back out. It appears the Napa mount is close, but not close enough. After frustration beyond belief, I installed a Car Quest mount in less than 15 minutes. It mirrored the factory mount I pulled out of the car. Tomorrow Im returning the Napa mount. I remember having the same problem on my Dads 87 Limited too, but not as bad. Nothing a drill bit couldnt fix! The Napa mount is at least 1/8" off on the frame bolt hole. I just thought Id share after fighting this for hours today.............. oh, and the drivers side mount is perfect.......... from Napa...... dont use the passenger side!:mad:

I have found this a few times with my local parts store,there is no way they fit,then he sends me another of the same brand and its drops right in.

I have also had this on a Passenger side stocker and one I put in a ford truck.It appears the quality of this off shore $hit is not the best:mad:However are you surprised:rolleyes:

Kevin

Surprised, no.......... figured it was like any other part on the Buick that requires some slight modification.........yes. :) Just thought I would post this since this is the 2nd time it has happened to me personally. Once on Dads 87 Limited, and now once on my WE4.

Yeah, thanks gentlemen. Not the point of the topic. Stock rubbers work just fine for my daily.:D