Pimp My Ride Mtv

Little6pack

OMG! this show is too funny :D Some of the stuff is way overbored. I wish they also hopped up the engines.

I watched last nights. 81 Trans Am. I think they had to have done something to the engine. At one point at the end the hood is open and it looked like some extra chrome and a Nice Air Cleaner was added. I can only assume the projected audience has not interest in performance mods. Especially to small block chevys.:rolleyes:

I would so love to hand that show my chevelle and see what they did with it :D

I wanna specify that I want my beater Astro van to be %*#@ing fast, like an LS1 or something. I'd probably end up with a few (enough to make siesmographs freak) subs and window tint that I'd get tickets for, probably a playstation embedded into the dash. Oh yeah, it's a van they'd throw a water bed in the back too. I'd end up pawning all that crap and building a sleeper with the proceeds. Only prob would be reversing the 3 or 4 inches of drop they'd do to it and the fugly rims. Oh well, maybe I could convince em to get GN rims or something. Damn, I like this idea more and more that I think about it. Hell, I could even get hte rust spot painted over on the top! Long as it wasn't some wierdo color that'd be cool.

i think that the guys on pimp my ride do some of the better work than i have seen on tv, mabe you don't agree with the styling but the work and professionalism is amazing, and they have a planning phase, team of guys that all have their areas and so on, i dig watching it
Grant

Originally posted by TransAm WS6 420
I would so love to hand that show my chevelle and see what they did with it :D

i would be scared of what pimped-out ish i would get back from them! :eek: there have been some that haven't been that bad... but for the most part, it's been a bit scary... :p

Yea I like there planing phase lol "yo G whatya doing wit da rims"
or whatya got for the interior "well G i think im going to put a tv in it" lol they alyays do the same thing paint job rims dvd player and tv lol its pretty funny. just my 2 cents

I watch this too. Its entertaining. They do some neat work to POS's. But never do any performance mods.. It seems these guys are not 'car guys' as we are.. per say.. They are more or less paint, interior ansd stereo guys. Did you ever hear they to talk about anything performance? They make so many mistakes. They really have no clue about performance.. But they make cool cruising cars out of everyday cars:)

the cutlass with the green & black suede interior was nuts! i didn't know what to think of that one! :confused:

I like the way they put all the electronics in..Big stereo Monitors everything and never talk about up grading electrical sysytem..
Every pimped ride should come with jumper cables..

Originally posted by gbodygirl
i would be scared of what pimped-out ish i would get back from them! :eek: there have been some that haven't been that bad... but for the most part, it's been a bit scary... :p

Well, it's already purple w/ black top and interior ;) so I can't only guess what they would do....

Attachments

• matt_chevelle.jpg
    matt_chevelle.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 80
Originally posted by 36IndexGN
I watched last nights. 81 Trans Am. I think they had to have done something to the engine. At one point at the end the hood is open and it looked like some extra chrome and a Nice Air Cleaner was added. I can only assume the projected audience has not interest in performance mods. Especially to small block chevys.:rolleyes:

That Trans Am had the TURBO hood that was rased on one side. But when they showed the engine it was not turboed..

Those were the TURBO DARK AGES.. Thank goodness our Buicks were not built as bad as those 81 TTA's

What about those owners?!? Those people will never take care of a customized car. I've watched 4 or 5 episodes and I like it, but c'mon those owners don't have a clue about taking care of anything.

I bet the green oldsmobile has 3 month old chicken wings in the back seat again.

And the chick with the lambo door civic probably has some fresh dents here and there.

what'ya mean I gotta wash it? and those pimp wheels need to be polished to stay nice and shiney? WTF? Wax? Why? I never waxed it before.
:rolleyes:

Yeah I would have to agree with MRJWOOD 100%

Those cars will continue to be daily drivers & neglected.
Of course they now SHOUT GETTO & will have the wheels or electronics stolen eventually.