Pin striping

Johnnie

in looking at pix from my first 87 GN, it had very dark blue and dark gold pin striping down the upper part of the front fenders going all the way back to the rear quarter panels. Looked very nice. Did any of them come from the factory with this or maybe a dealer option? Or an owner add on.....

I'm pretty sure they were all dealer flair.
Hey, look at me, buy me, I have stripes. Lol

I will do my best to post one. I have to play a video and do a screen grab. Hopefully I can figure it out.

The code for factory stripes would be a 2 digit paint code followed by an A.

See the gnttype.org link for the RPO code explanations for them.

Not available on the WE2 Grand Nationals, and I don't believe they could be ordered with a WO2 black out package either in 1987....

http://www.gnttype.org/numbers/rpo.html

No grand nationals came from the plant with pinstripes--it was a dealer installed or perhaps a customer requested item installed by a dealer at the time of sale. I worked on the tac line in flint, mi at that time and saw dozens of gn's put into company car service. Dp

Thank you for your replies. My goal is to keep my GN as close to "just came off the showroom floor" quality as I can. Like I mentioned previously in another thread, my car is like driving a time capsule from 1987.( which I get a kick out of).