Pinks All Out at Bakersfield Sept 11-12

Looks like I'm OK for Saturday.
I'll drive out there in the wee hours of the morning to be there by 7AM

My mobile is 714-200-4885.

Cool.

My cell# for everyone is 619 954-5415.
I'm not a cell phone person, so it won't be on until Thurs and then through the weekend.
If anyone needs to contact me before then, call the shop at 619 258-4240.

me and my bro were thinking of heading out.were short on funds so were thinking of camping nearby grounds to save money he has a power inverter on his f250 it was strong enough to run the washer and dryer after i called his bluff. we would love to be on anyones crew im great at washing windows!!! and verbal support.its a diesel truck so if anyone need help hauling their car their let us know..

When I was doing the axle placement adjustment, Cheryl asked me what I was doing. I told her and she said, "So what happens when the tires rub?" I told her it would make smoke and slow the car down. She then told me about how her and a friend were watching the last run I made at the track and both noticed toward the end of the run how it looked like smoke was coming from the car. :(

Good grief. :(

That is why I need a pit crew.

Hey ! I like Cheryl

you better be nice, :)
not to worry, there should be enough of us to wish you were all alone! LOL

here is what I did to clear large dia tires
I cut and moved the front of the wheel well 1 1/2in forward, the lip used to run straight down, and at high speed the tire would swell and rub,

Attachments

• MVC-024S.jpg
    MVC-024S.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 172
  • MVC-025S.jpg
    MVC-025S.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 171
I see the fuel jug transporter!

The tire rub mark on my car centers up from the bottom of the fender lip. The highest point on the rub mark is 7" from the bottom of the fender.

Busted!

bottom was where I've noticed rubbing on mine and others,

yes thats the JUG hauler , (fuel jug)

unless they changed............

you can park in the pits, near the race cars,
not sure about Pinks, how they control parking,

find a NAPA near the race track, and get discount tickets,
look up NAPA online, you'll see locations near Famoso race track,

you can park in the pits, near the race cars,
not sure about Pinks, how they control parking,

find a NAPA near the race track, and get discount tickets,
look up NAPA online, you'll see locations near Famoso race track,

anyone have the info on this:biggrin::biggrin:

you better be nice, :)
not to worry, there should be enough of us to wish you were all alone! LOL

here is what I did to clear large dia tires
I cut and moved the front of the wheel well 1 1/2in forward, the lip used to run straight down, and at high speed the tire would swell and rub,

Lee,I know you are just trying to show off your new lift.

Don, I am trying to work out my schedule to help you (my sister is coming in from N.Y. on Friday). Lee offered to carpool up to Bakersfield. If the crew wears NAPA hats; it might get you some TV time.
Jeff

T&T for yours?
Not mine yet(about 3 more weeks). Gonna try to get a high 7 out of the mustang and I'll also gotta dial in the AMS1000 and BS3 on a friends turbo, drag radial camaro.

Jeff- Call me.

Hey,
Any chance of someone who will be there on Fri buying me a ticket for Sat?
I'll pay you Sat and buy you lunch or a pop.

I'm definitely coming, but gotta get on the road by 3:30AM to be there by the time the gates open and would hate to get that far to find the thing sold out, etc.
I tried on-line advance ticket sales, but they said there are no more on-line ticket sales for the event....

Tim

what r we gonna do with you? ( hmmmm thats an open question)
(I'm sure Lou has ideas!)
Lemme see what we can do, I'll be arriving fri about noon, so I'll inquire about tickets, I got your cell # so will call you and give you the heads up.
I'll inquire about pit crews, etc,
Bakersfield is good size, don't think it would sell out.
NAPA online link say they offer a $5 off coupon/ticket,
will let you know.

Jeff, yea, yer right, was showing off the lift, (?)

Scott. were waiting!!!!!!!!!!:D

here is link to NAPA store locations

NAPA Online

in the bakersfield area.

I cut and pasted the link, but it didn't give all the info,
use zip code 93280

The info I received with the confirmation states that each race car is allotted enough area for a tow vehicle, car hauler and the race car. I assume that would mean 2 double space lanes. I'm going to guess that additional pit crew parking near the pit will not be allowed. When I get there I'll disconnect the truck so that I can haul things from the parking lot, or check when you get there to see if they'll allow you to unload at the pit spot before having to park. Me or Cheryl can follow you in the truck and bring you back in.

I'll check into the hats from my NAPA distributor. Good idea Jeff.

I have one crew ticket available for anyone planning to be there Friday and Saturday. I think Lee has dibs on that one. Lee, call me when you get there so I can get the ticket to you. From what I understand, tickets will be available at the gate. That's what I was told when I called the track to make sure they had received my application. I tried to call the track to confirm, but no one was answering the phone at that time. Today may be different.
Pit crew ticket is 35.00 from what I understand. A one day pit crew ticket may be less. Don't know for sure.

I'll be heading up early this afternoon. I'm waiting for one more part to come in today. A breather clamp. :(
I'll be bringing some drinks, I believe Lee is too, but that track is traditionally on the hot side this time of year, so it might be a good idea to bring a stock of your own drinks too, in case we run out. Don't forget chairs. Hope to see everyone up there. Piiinks!!! :cool: