Pioneer DEH-P7300 problem

IronEagle119

Guys I just had my headgaskets replaced after about 10 months of it sitting in the garage untouched. I just got everything fixed and running, I even have some nice Pioneer 5-way 6x9 speakers on the way. I go to attatch the CD player face to the unit and it won't power up! No one has played with any wires behind the CD player since it was last working in great condition. Anyone know of any problems with the Pioneer cd players going south? I took the car to the local shop that installed it for me about 2 years ago, and they said $40 minimum just to look at it since I can't find my receipt. Hell I paid nearly $500 dollars after I had them install it with all the needed accesories to go with it(Din size adapter, harness) I wasn't about to fork over another $40 on the spot to have them tell me my cd player is shot. Anyone got some troubleshooting ideas or anything to say?

i had that same model before some A- hole stole it. I never had a problem with it. I would check the fuse that is in the fuse box for the radio, i think that radio has a fuse in the back of it also, don't quote me on that. A wire could have come disconnected in the back somehow. Also i noticed that when i had a weak battery and alt that if the volts dropped low enough that the radio would shut off. I doubt the radio could have gone bad sitting there. Is there a lot of moisture where you live?

yup, we had a few foot of snow this year and a butt load of rain lately. The battery is fine, the fuse in the fuse block by the kick panel is good, I'll try and check the fuse in the radio if there's one there and try pushing on the wires back there.

UPDATE: Checked for fuse in back, none there. All the wires looked to have a good connection. All my interior lights, gauges are lighting up perfectly. The electrical system seems to be in perfect working order. I did just install a fuel pump hotwire kit from racetronix, but that shouldn't affect the cd player.

Solution!!!

Ok, i unplugged the wiring harness from the back, and find the fuse underneath the plug. I pulled the fuse out and find it has indeed went south. I'm headed to the store for a fuse :rolleyes:

Thx 88 Cutty