Pioneer speakers?

Bandit5001

thinking about doing a head unit and speaker change out. What kid of experience has everyone had with Pioneer A series speakers? Poke with a guy who suggested these

thanks Gary, ok so I think this is what I am going to go with let me know if you see any issues

Pioneer DEH-X6800BT
Alpine type-s sps-410 (dash I read you can fit 4" instead of 3.5")
Alpine SPR-69

it's hard to choose audio equipment without hearing it in an actual car. Even in the store it isn't great representation of what you'll hear. Looks like the alpines have better specs than the pioneer I was looking at.

Idk about the 4" fitting for sure...as long as you keep to name brands, it will sound good. Have fun, take your time...yw

I'm a fan of pioneer head units. Their speakers, meh. Not what they used to be. Their 4x10s are safe and if you put an amp on them they will sound great. 3.5 dash speakers, id go with a midgrade kicker. The cheaper ones are too high pitched for my taste. They're a bitch to mount since they gotta be mounted from underneath but whatchagonnado?

I don't think you'll find a 4" that's not going to require a bunch of work to fit in the dash. I have a pair of old school kicker impulse 4" and I set them in a spare dashboard and decided against the cutting it was gonna take. Maybe better luck with a different brand

I wouldnt be surprised one bit if those Alpines fit right in!! I just did an upgrade on the M3 and all the clearances were very tight!! Alpine was 1 of 3 that i was able to fit!! Very happy with the Alpine mids and tweets!!

all of ur top manufactures have low end, mid range and top end stuff. I have used Pioneer head units for years but use JL for sub, memphis for amps and subs sometimes too and focal for speakers or JL's high end stuff is pretty decent for a street car