pitbul vs porcupine

AZ Vic

Boy oh boy.... I sure would hate to see this happen...

Attachments

• 634pitbull-2.jpg
    634pitbull-2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 307
that **** isnt funny, i feel really bad for the dog, and with alot of pit owners they will fight them against other animals just to see who will win, so this dog could have been put into the situation to fight just for the owners amusment, that would really suck being in that situation.

Joshua

OUCH!!!

First time I've seen that.
We have a couple of pit's, best dogs I've ever had. I think it would kill me to see one of them come home looking like that.

:cool:

87grandnat said:
pit owners they will fight them against other animals just to see who will win, so this dog could have been put into the situation to fight just for the owners amusment
Joshua
VEry sad to see , And you wonder who has more brains the owner or the dog...
Why is it that 90% of Pit Bull owners are Trailer Park Scum bag hillbillies :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My question is why are the owners just standing there and taking pictures. The dog needs attention! That Is Sad! :mad:

That dog probably will loose its eyes, that is very sad to see the dog in that condition. I hope animal control was notified about that picture and the owner reported.

I'm a little confused why you guys are all calling down the dog owner. There have been several comments alluding to the owner doing this on purpose, which is just stupid. Wild animals roam, and our dogs are frequently outside. The problem here is that dogs are a) curious b) temperamental. Some dogs are smart enough to get the hell out after the porcupine gives them a wack, but many get mad. They get convinced they're going to kill it, and the results are predictable as they get madder and madder. I'm pretty certain that the pit bull falls into this category. Growing up on a farm, I've seen 2 of our dogs get this treatment. Both german shepherds, and fortunately one only got about a dozen quills, the other maybe 30. As far as stopping to take a couple pictures, I see nothing wrong with that. It's quite a spectacle, and a good lesson for all observing. It's not like the 2 minutes to take the photo is going to make any difference in the 2-3 hour long job ahead, which probably involves novacain and a pair of pliers. Although with this severe, the dog should probably be put under for the procedure. With our dog, dad jerked a couple quills, the dog tried to bite him, so he ****ped it on the nose with the pliers, and it sat still for the remainder of the procedure.

In short, it's not a fun thing and is terrible for the dog, but there's no reason to be bashing the owners on this. It's an accident. It's why we shoot porcupines when we find them near our homes.

kgouldsk said:
I'm a little confused why you guys are all calling down the dog owner. There have been several comments alluding to the owner doing this on purpose, which is just stupid. Wild animals roam, and our dogs are frequently outside. The problem here is that dogs are a) curious b) temperamental. Some dogs are smart enough to get the hell out after the porcupine gives them a wack, but many get mad. They get convinced they're going to kill it, and the results are predictable as they get madder and madder. I'm pretty certain that the pit bull falls into this category. Growing up on a farm, I've seen 2 of our dogs get this treatment. Both german shepherds, and fortunately one only got about a dozen quills, the other maybe 30. As far as stopping to take a couple pictures, I see nothing wrong with that. It's quite a spectacle, and a good lesson for all observing. It's not like the 2 minutes to take the photo is going to make any difference in the 2-3 hour long job ahead, which probably involves novacain and a pair of pliers. Although with this severe, the dog should probably be put under for the procedure. With our dog, dad jerked a couple quills, the dog tried to bite him, so he ****ped it on the nose with the pliers, and it sat still for the remainder of the procedure.

In short, it's not a fun thing and is terrible for the dog, but there's no reason to be bashing the owners on this. It's an accident. It's why we shoot porcupines when we find them near our homes.

Most people that I know treat their dogs like their children.I bet if the same thing happened to a kid they would not be taking pics of it. I know some dogs are smarter than others, and that accident happen but it would have been better to see these pictures taken while the dog was receiving medical attention. Kinda pisses me off, thats all im trying to say!

Yeah, lots of people on there expressing a follow up. The one guy seems to be pretty close to the owner, so not sure why there aren't followup pics. They may come along yet - if anyone monitors that other thread and sees some after pics go up, please post back.