Point me in the right direction

Sleeper-6

OK, here's the deal. I currently have a Pioneer DEH-1000 head unit and a Blaupunkt BQA-120 30wx4 amp powering a set of Blaupunkt RL6935 6x9's out back and I assume the 3.5 equivenent of these up front. (I havent had the dash panel off yet to check) All of this was installed before I bought the car. Personally I think it sounds like Um....$hit. I have a Kenwood X-917 driving Infinity Kappa 6.5" 3-ways all around in my daily driver and I like the way that sounds much better. I'm not sure where to start playing with my combo to improve it. Is anyone familiar with the stuff I'm currently using? I like to listen to a wide range of music,Everything from Metallica and AC/DC to Allen Jackson so I guess sound quality is my biggest concern, I prefer solid tight hits of the bass drum over "droney" rap type bass. What do you think I should do?

First thing to check is exactly what kind of speakers are up front. If they are the factory 3 1/2's that is probably a major part of your problem.

Ok, just pulled the dash and checked it out. They look like similar to stockers but are really Boston Acoustic 703's They have no seperate tweeter in them just a little "wizzer cone" type ring in the center. Also checked the wireing on the amp, It's only running the rear speakers off of two out of four chanels. I'm going to try to find out of I can bridge it to make bette use of all 4 chanels. The fronts I would think are OK running off of the head unit.