Poll: Which wheels?

Which

• Total voters
Have you went to americanracing.com? If you go to the gallery and click on vintage cars, go to page 9 and they have a 70-73 red trans am with the classic torq thrust II's with the gray center. They might be bigger than 17's but they look awesome on that car. I haven't come across any g-bodies with that wheel. I really like the anthracid color on the torq thrust type M but I like the more lip you will get on the torq thrust II. Post pictures whenever you get new rims.

I was just comparing the type M and the tt2 and the type M's look like they have more of a lip. Because they have one less step to the center. Am I wrong?

I was just comparing the type M and the tt2 and the type M's look like they have more of a lip. Because they have one less step to the center. Am I wrong?

I thought when people talk of lip on a wheel they refer to how deep the wheel appears to be. The center spokes of the type m come out to the edge of the rim, while the tt2 are set a little deeper into the rim. It gives it more of a polished edge to the wheel which I thought was referred to as the lip. I don't know? Is that what is meant by lip?:confused:

Yes that is what I was referring to. Maybe the pics that I looked at on the site are 2 different size wheels. I guess I would have to compare them in person with wheels of the same size and bs.

Have you looked at Coy's wheels? Coy's Custom Wheel & Tire They have a similar version of the TTIIs, for a very reasonable price. The lips look deeper and more agressive since they don't have the step American Racing wheels have. They have the correct sizes, BS, and bolt patterns for the GN.

Since I may go with 17x8s these Coys are looking good... are those the vendor with the horror story of taking forever to fill an order?

Since I may go with 17x8s these Coys are looking good... are those the vendor with the horror story of taking forever to fill an order?

I've never ordered from them, but I haven't heard anything negative about them either. Our local auto swapmeets usually has a vendor selling them on the spot. I see them on vehicles at local cruise nights and shows, so they must be readily available.

Yes Coy Wheels is the company who caused a lot of grief for one of our fellow board members (8UWITH6). I forget exactly how long it took him to get all 4 of his wheels, but it was a looong time. Plus he said the final finish on the wheels didn't look very good and there were some burrs left over from casting.

Once he polished them up and put them on the car he was satisfied with them but overall I don't think he was happy.

Wheels

Check out the Chip Foose site.(chipfoose.com) Under Classic he has some wheels that are flat awesome nicer/badder looking then TT2's. They are 5 spoke grey come in various sizes. They are called Nitrous Grey. In 17" they have 17x10, and 17x8.5...They come in sizes ranging from 15"-20". I voted for the anthracite TT2's because they are nice, but give these wheels a honest look.

Couldn't find the right size 17x8, 5x4.75, 4" BS in Chip's Nitrous Grays...

Nitrous Grey sizes

Couldn't find the right size 17x8, 5x4.75, 4" BS in Chip's Nitrous Grays...

What did you think of the Nitrous wheel? :confused: On the Foose site I noticed they didn't show the BS or bolt hole measurements or even pricing for that matter. If you called them they should be able to give you more detail. Being a Classic type wheel and all the type muscle cars he has Foosed you would have to think they'd be able to accomadate the different auto brands/sizes.They have to have a selection of BS to meet your needs.

Just checked out wheelsforless.com and they have a Chrome Nitrous 17x8, 5/4.75,4" back space. Call chipfoose.com , if they make em in chrome I bet ya they make a Nitrous Old School Gray wheel in the size you need. Good luck in your search and decision.

What do you guys think of the AR Wheel in 17x8 from Customwheelsonline.com?
I have a set on the way, the EXACT same wheel as the American Racing Wheel...

Attachments

• wheelsmarket_1942_1927585.jpg
    wheelsmarket_1942_1927585.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 439
Nice lookin wheel as well!

What do you guys think of the AR Wheel in 17x8 from Customwheelsonline.com?
I have a set on the way, the EXACT same wheel as the American Racing Wheel...

Should look real real good on your rig. What tires you mountin up ???

Actually running a 16" HotWheels rim:eek: that looks alot like this wheel , not as curvy though. Black star with silver lips, Not a bad deal for the money. Needed and Used them this winter(most snow in quite a few years) with Falkins , got a good wheel/tire deal at Discount Tire, 750 bucks with a 100 dollar rebate. Time to put the old Telestars back on, skinnies upfront and the widest 15's Nitto 555R's that would fit in the back.;)

Was actually thinking of getting the Telestars centers powdercoated or anodized in either black or anthracite/grey.

That probably is the American Racing wheel. Post some pics when you get em. how much did they run?

Thanks Guys, and YES, they are a DEAD ON Replica of the Amer.Racing version, they ran me $600 total, and I'm mounting up 235/50-17's front, and 255/45-17 in the rear to maintain the 26" Height, all Firestone.
Pics comin later on this week when they get here...

Thanks Guys, and YES, they are a DEAD ON Replica of the Amer.Racing version, they ran me $600 total, and I'm mounting up 235/50-17's front, and 255/45-17 in the rear to maintain the 26" Height, all Firestone.
Pics comin later on this week when they get here...

Why not 245s up front with 275s in the rear? The car would handle better, have better traction and those are the most popular size tires out there.

It's funny, I gave that a GREAT deal of thought, so:

1. 245's are too short at 25.7in, and
2. 275's might rub in the rear, and
3. I like a VERY BALANCED look, ie., not the Big-n-little tire thing going on

Thanks

I see the wheels now. they are the Cragar S/S style. I actually have a link to that site in my favorites. I was just worried about how deep the center would sit it looks real far out in the pic. I guess you went with the 4.5 Bs I can't wait to see the pics and see how it turned out.

thanks for the link

Just checked out wheelsforless.com and they have a Chrome Nitrous 17x8, 5/4.75,4" back space. Call chipfoose.com , if they make em in chrome I bet ya they make a Nitrous Old School Gray wheel in the size you need. Good luck in your search and decision.

Thanks for that link!! Those chrome ones are just right, I can always get them powder coating in case the chrome come off as too loud on the black car... not sure, can chrome finish be powder coated?

Thanks again!!!! :biggrin:

Thanks for that link!! Those chrome ones are just right, I can always get them powder coating in case the chrome come off as too loud on the black car... not sure, can chrome finish be powder coated?

Thanks again!!!! :biggrin:

Ken they come in grey. Also I thought that your car was rosewood not black? Are you buying wheels soon? I want to see how they look.

Nitrous Old School Grey

Here's the wheels you need .Contact Wheels@chipfoose.com for inquiry of pricing and sizes. Wish I knew how to enlarge pic as I was lucky to even get pic from the Foose site.