Polygraph Test

84GNv6

Well, I really want to work for the fire or police department and one of the steps in order to get in is a polygraph test! Just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with one or if anyone knows just how accurate they are? THanx

there very accurate. what are you worried about? beat your women? have you done coke? any other hardcore drugs? if you have only done POT then don't sweat it. just be honest and you will be fine. as soon as you hide something your done.

o

this is what they will ask you.

how many times have you used it>?
when was the last time?

please let me know..

I had to do 2 polys when i applied for the police and fire for ft worth. Had them both done at the same place one week apart with different people giving them to me asking me the same questions with 2 different outcomes. First they will ask you your name to establish a guideline, then they asked me to write a number down on a piece of paper between 1 and 10. Then told me to say no everytime he asked me if my number was 1 or 2 and so on. He guessed the number right each time. BUT for the fire dept he said i was lying about having sex with someone under the age of 18, but the police poly said i was lying about doin drugs. Same questions asked on both polys with different results. The person left the room each time after telling me i lied then came back 10 mins later. I think they had a camera in the room and wanted to see my reaction when he left the room. Did neither of the things they said i lied about and ended up getting hired for both. I chose the fire dept since they only work 10 days a month. :D

Take some benzodiazapenes and lie like a rug unless you have nothing you want to hide. Smoking pot occasionally in the past likely doesnt mean too much to them.

did you not read what i wrote. tell the truth and dont lie. you lie your done period.

there very accurate.
o

They are accurate on measuring bodily responses, not accurate when determining if you are telling the truth or not.

As long as you don't have anxiety/panic attacks or the question itself doesn't induce anxiety, you should be fine.

be nervous to say your name.

then think about boobs or something else the rest of the time.

I take them on a regular basis since I work in a COMSEC vault.

just be absent minded. AND TELL THE TRUTH.

the more relaxed you are, the better you will test. how relaxed you are is the key to how they will judge your replys. and allow them to decide weather the need to look at you more or not.

the polygraph is nuthing more than a way for them to decide who needs better inspection and who doesnt. the test is rarely a complete deciding factor on you yourself.

concentrate on the boobs.

:wink:A.j.

Just ask them if you can do the best 2 out of 3 on the poly. Shouldn't have any problems after that.

On the pot, tell that that you smoked but didn't inhale. And if Clinton was prez, you should be able to become a LEO.

I don't want the following to be considered rude, crude, and socially unacceptable, but if you even have to ask about a poly, you have way too much of a guilty conscience or you have been watching way too many detective movies where the bad guys win.

You can always stand on your 5th amendment rights at any time during the poly.

I just attended an FBI brief. They gave me a hand out of the drug policy and said it was part of the polygraph test. The drug portion was "have you used marijuana in the past 3 years and hard drugs in the past 10 years". I would think the FBI has a stricter policy than local police but I would be guessing.

i did the fbi application, they asked about drugs. all i have done was pot, and it had been and still has been a very, very long time ago. to them it didn't matter, they told me they ha a no drug policy period, and to never even attempt to re-apply.

my logic was honesty would be the best policy in a security type job, man, was i wrong. if i'd lied like i'm sure at least half of their employees did, i'd have a job there also.