Poor Man's GNX

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
Anyone out there know who is was quite some time ago that was putting these articles on his site ?

I have part 1, 2 but i'm missing part 3.

Its interesting reading...they do an 84 T-type and so far it has been suspension, larger rad, rear end, exhaust and some other tweaks....the article is a reprint for Popular Hot Rodding I think. It was just getting to the good stuff...

Anyone ?

Yup...I have copies of 1 and 2 only.

For the most part - they (PHR) buy an 84 t-type thats pretty beaten up and do the suspension, bigger rad, elec fan, rear end, water pump and some other minor repairs to it.

In part 3 they go on to do an intercooler (I think) and exhaust system with mods to fuel and ignition system.

I will scan the parts I have and post them.

Ya - I sent him an e-mail to see if he would update the site for us....

I also sent PHR an e-mail to inquire about getting part 3 and 4 in a past issue.

Stay tuned

let me rummage around and see if i have all the parts.i think i do...

i know i have the one where they install the kenne-bell front mount,cuz i called kb and they told me they never made an intercooler kit for hotairs.:confused:i had the fuggin magazine in my hand,and even talked to jim bell and he said they only had one fabbed up for the magazine...:rolleyes:

doesn't really matter anyway,cuz they never got the car to run for sh!t,i don't think they ever even cracked 13's with it...:rolleyes:

I remember reading this article about the same time I got my T. Anyway, I remember in the last part I read , they actually rebuilt the shortblock and had the motor all painted up in the corner of their shop and were ready to drop it in. Then I think I read in the "letters" section of PHR some time later, that when they put the motor in the car , the results were not what they had hoped and I don't think they even finished the damn project!

Figures huh

At the start of a project they get you all excited and then drag it out over 4 issues...only to find out that 'Poor man's GNX' is really nothing like a GNX at all.

In fact when you remove the 'GNX' part in the project - all your left with is 'Poor man'. :D

What I was hoping to gain was what more can I do to my GN that has maximum 'bang for the buck' in it.

Intercooler ?

Originally posted by HOTSIX

What I was hoping to gain was what more can I do to my GN that has maximum 'bang for the buck' in it.

Intercooler ?

-16 position maxeffort chip
-race gas
-slicks

go run the number:cool:

I thought that the ownership of the magazine changed between parts 2 and 3 and they never finished it. Too many chevys to feature maybe.

Well, I finally got a reply from the magazine and they say they got nothing prior to 1998 now....so I guess were outta luck....unless someone has it in their collection?

Where do I grab a maxeffort chip again ?

I remember reading them articles too. Wasn't this the car they also stuffed a T-5 5 speed from a Camaro into?? If I get the time I'll search my archives because I never throw anything away. Now if I can just come up with a filing system so I can find things when I need them!

Eric Fisher

I am the one that has the site. I do have the other two magazines that have parts 3 and 4. I have just been real busy with going to college at night (almost have my degree!), full time job, wife, 2-year-old son, waterskiing. Not much time left for lower priority items. If we get the predicted rain this weekend, I'll try to finish up the last two articles.