Poor mans slicks article in the GS xtra mailer

volvoman

The Green BEAST
I know that GS xtra had a write up long time ago about inexpensive slicks that worked out well before Mt started there thing. Does anyone know about that at all? I can't seem to remember which tires they ended up using. I am on a tight budget If I can't get something for the hybrid this year the track is out with my combo.
Thanks for any info or links.
Chris

#1 ...your crazy to use them !!

We used these for years with very good luck.. But in the end the QC went down the tubes. I had 4 or 5 sets in my last order.. basically had 2 1/2 sets we could use. YES they sent others and even some of them were bad. I was done with them at that point.

Name was "Tread designs" or something like that.. In SC or NC . Dammmmm that was a long time ago!!

OH DID I SAY YOU ARE CRAZY TO USE THEM :p

Sounds scarry, Now that my ride is going to be scarry fast might just have to wait. But on the other hand if I can find some used ones might do that. By the way how much were you paying anyways? I noticed they did not list prices on the dot drag tires.
Thanks

I ran them for years got great miles out of them and constint 1.70 60 foots
They take alot of balancing
Ran 255/5016 paid $75 a piece. This way before drag radials or other drag/street tires were on the market.

I ran them for years got great miles out of them and constint 1.70 60 foots
They take alot of balancing
Ran 255/5016 paid $75 a piece. This way before drag radials or other drag/street tires were on the market.

ya we ran them to . worked awesome at the time.. One guy up here lost a chunk out of one RACING it.. balancing was funny with ours.. one would take hardly nothing for weight ..the other ya had a small kid riding on the edge of the rim to balance it :eek: