Popping under little boost

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
I just got my car running and I get a code 31. (Boost selenoid) Will that cause the boost to pop and miss under 14psi ? Is there anything I can do before I go to work to check or fix this?

Also, when I get into boost, it is gradually and this happens at 1/4 throttle.

Well, it could be a bad coil/ module but we still need more info, like fuel pressure, chip, is there cat on the car? how is O2. what kind of Mass air? Do you have a scan tool? If you have an extra coil/module swap it out. Did you set the cam sensor right?

Prasad

If you are getting a code 31 then yes you need to replace that solenoid...OR you can do it the better way and just bypass that stupid thing and hook up the turbo "tuner" style...meaning run a vacuum hose straight from the brass fitting on the compressor cover to the actuator...this will give you much better boost control...

Well, it could be a bad coil/ module but we still need more info, like fuel pressure, chip, is there cat on the car? how is O2. what kind of Mass air? Do you have a scan tool? If you have an extra coil/module swap it out. Did you set the cam sensor right?

Prasad

Sorry. Coil pack/modual is good. Fuel pressure is fine. Chip is burned for 50's which I have. O2 could be bad... I am replacing with denso soon. Original mass air is good. ScanmasterII. Cam sensor set correctly.

The popping is in the intake. I will adjust boost with wastegate and retry.

Like I said earlier, it will run up to 14 psi and then pop. Anything under that and it is very powerfull:cool:

I will try tuner style...Damn, I forgot about that! 7yrs in these cars and I am forgetting things now. :eek: :biggrin:

new plugs did it. if i were running high boost then I would look at the gap. I automaticly gap all new plugs at a tight .032 for higher boost.

"turner" style?

If you are getting a code 31 then yes you need to replace that solenoid...OR you can do it the better way and just bypass that stupid thing and hook up the turbo "tuner" style...meaning run a vacuum hose straight from the brass fitting on the compressor cover to the actuator...this will give you much better boost control...

Are there any down sides to this hookup? Will it trigger a code ?what's is the solenoid's purpose-Does the solenoid bleed off boost per the chip/:confused: ecm?