PORTED IRONS

TTipe

Snake Skinner
Ported Irons for sale (full port & polish) chambers worked, egr plugged,valves unshrouded, bronze guides, 48cc, exhaust seals, flat decks, 980 comps .Went GN1 with new motor . $ 500 or BO pics on the way. Buyer pays the freight.

Dennis Abbey of Quality Engineering (Fenton Mich.) did the port work. They did a lot of work for Buick Motorsports. The valves are stock (Inconel exhaust) and were back cut. These heads went 117.5 with a TE34, red stripe max effort, and stock cam. These heads are probably 30k since freshened. The car was driven ~ 500 mi/yr. The heads have not seen head gasket failure (no carbon tracking/blow out) nor have they been lifted . I used tty stock head bolts which eventually stretched. The release torque was ~ 40 nm and cylinders 1 & 2 had been ingesting small amounts of coolant.

IMG_20140727_104116.jpg IMG_20140727_104233.jpg IMG_20140727_104411.jpg IMG_20140727_104802.jpg

Very interested. Location? Was 30k miles a typo?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Very interested. Location? Was 30k miles a typo?

The original engine in my car had reciprocating asm issues. A bunch of us were standing in the parking lot (@ Buick Engineering) listening to the noise. The lab manager provided a number for the car and I drove to the experimental build floor. A lab engine (sonic, measured etc) replaced the original engine. 30k was not a typo. The heads are in Michigan.

If you do not have a firm offer, I will take them.

Let me know how you want paid, thanks.

I'm surprised you guys that are interested don't list a general location of where you are.
Something like State/County wouldn't hurt when it comes time to working something out.
Basic logic guys.

Ill pass.....id rather spend the $$$ on friggin tires for the wifes DD....(according to her anyway) Dammit.:mad: Good deal. GLWS

If you do not have a firm offer, I will take them.

Let me know how you want paid, thanks.
Nick please look at the exhaust ports. The roofs are raised slightly for velocity. Do you want the exhaust manifolds that I did to fit these heads? The manifolds were cut open (many years ago) to get rid of winking at the runner to log joints (free power). I can throw those in as well for a minimal cost ($0). The shipping to Phoenix is not gentle! You driving to BG?

I'm in houston. Shipping probably isn't that great either and I probably won't be in bg

Nick please look at the exhaust ports. The roofs are raised slightly for velocity. Do you want the exhaust manifolds that I did to fit these heads? The manifolds were cut open (many years ago) to get rid of winking at the runner to log joints (free power). I can throw those in as well for a minimal cost ($0). The shipping to Phoenix is not gentle! You driving to BG?

Not going to BG, just let me know how much for shipping including the exhaust, and I will send you a check, thanks!