Post your GN tint pictures

cuda6pak

If you have tint on your GN post up some pictures, preferably daylight, and what percentage tint it is. I'm probably picking up a GN this weekend and that is one of the first things I want to do to it. :cool:

It keeps getting put on the back burner... my tints is crappy looking purple and its half peeled off in the back window... Ugh dont remind me... It is the one thing that detracts the most value from my car... Polished my gnx knock off wheels today and it REALLY shined up. I had no idea that they were that shiny.:eek:

Here is the purple peeling ghetto tint! and it is WAY too dark out the side windows to backup at night with.

DSCF0011.jpg

It keeps getting put on the back burner... my tints is crappy looking purple and its half peeled off in the back window... Ugh dont remind me... It is the one thing that detracts the most value from my car... Polished my gnx knock off wheels today and it REALLY shined up. I had no idea that they were that shiny.:eek:

Here is the purple peeling ghetto tint! and it is WAY too dark out the side windows to backup at night with.

DSCF0011.jpg

sounds like mine! but I'm +1!!! because my driver's window needs the bushings replaced and usualy when I shut it, the window stays on the out side of the guide and has torn up the tinting + put a grove in the glass :mad: now, its starting to come loose further down the window because the inner weatherstripping grabs the loose bit every time it goes up...guess it'll be coming of soon eh?

dsc00048ip0.jpg

Here's mine, I have no idea about the % though, it was on when I bought it. The back 3 windows are really dark, you can't see in it at all....

Turns out all my pics of my car have my windows down... My tint is turning purple and the rear window's tint is a bit darker than I'd like (sucks for backing up at night). I see weird patterns in it when I wear my polarized sunglasses, not sure why that is. No idea what the % is because it was on when I bought it as well. I wouldn't bother getting mine retinted so I'm leaving it how it is.

Here's a pic of my old car. :( When I had the tint redone after 10 years, I elected to leave it of the rear window because it's easier to see at night and the rear defogger won't cause the film to bubble/degrade as eventually happened to the first tint job. This was 35% film.

Attachments

• gn.jpg
    gn.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 870
Limo 5% plus some more ;) .. makes a black car look AMAZING
loading001.jpg

gnbackwindow.jpg

i roll like that on all my rides (excursion 5% plus more all the way around LOL)
truckandGNtrailer.jpg

I forget what my tint is, but it was a little pricey. But it has a real cool shade and is guaranteed for life to never turn purple. Its medium on the sides and dark in the back, but it doesnt look like the same level of dark and medium as other tints. You can still see inside, but it still reflects the same amount of light out as the others.
Hey is that shrimp ahoy on peck in monrovia???

DSCF0363.jpg

If you have tint on your GN post up some pictures, preferably daylight, and what percentage tint it is. I'm probably picking up a GN this weekend and that is one of the first things I want to do to it. :cool:

I will post a pic of mine later tonight or tomorrow when I get home. I wanted to ask you is you are going to drive this car everyday. If so be careful about going to dark. I limo'd mine and it is tricky to see at night.

Mine is limo pretty sure that's 20%. Drives me nuts at night.. It's a bit too dark. Feels like the only way to see out at night is the windsheild! :eek: The darker the better looking on these cars that's for sure. That's why I went dark. :cool:

9_1_04_AM11.jpg

Tint

Not sure maybe 35% since they never gave me a problem with safety check

Attachments

62.3 KB · Views: 816
  • last tow 001.jpg
    last tow 001.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 796
Mine is limo pretty sure that's 20%. Drives me nuts at night.. It's a bit too dark. Feels like the only way to see out at night is the windsheild! :eek: The darker the better looking on these cars that's for sure. That's why I went dark. :cool:

]

My Monte Carlo SS had 5% tint and looked amazing. The only problem was night time driving...I had to row the windows down all the time to make sure I wasn't going to run over some perdestrian:eek: I'm not sure what my Buick is but It's probaly 5% also. I'm going with 20% on it once I get the time.

IM000028.jpg

I will post a pic of mine later tonight or tomorrow when I get home. I wanted to ask you is you are going to drive this car everyday. If so be careful about going to dark. I limo'd mine and it is tricky to see at night.

Mine's 5% on the rear and 1/4s and 20% on the sides and I can't see squat at night. I put the windows down to back up (having no back up lights doesn't help either).

I very rarely drive the car at night so it doesn't bother me. If I did, though, I'd take the tint off.

Jim

This is 35%. No problems driving at night, and look great.

Attachments

• 102_0502.jpg
    102_0502.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 720