power antenna

Just about any 80's GM car will. My favorites are the G-body as they are the easiest to get off the car. But those are few and far between. Just about every Cadillac built in the 80's has one though. Real fun pulling a fender that weighs 100 pounds just to snag one. I always take a jumper box with me to make sure they work before I do any heavy work.:smile:

So do they all have the same connector on the end? Basically asking if I cut a plug off a junker and wire it with alligator clips could I make a universal power antenna tester? Sorry for the thread jack but I may look for a couple of these in the local yard that is still full of 80s stuff.

also if you have the wire colors memorized I'd be happy to let you tell me without looking up the pinouts. LOL Thanks in advance.

bob

Yep. Plug connectors are the same. I cant recall the order but black is ground. Green is one direction and white is the other direction. Pretty easy to guess at anyway.

For some reason I thought there was an 80's model fwd that came with the cam unit, only installed in the trunk. Eric have you got any info on that. It would be a lot easier to pull and most likely be in better condition being out of the weather.

So just to confirm:confused:
A 89 buick century front wheel drive power antenna will work?
There is a few at the junk yard; And mine is snapped off; So I would like to fix it. Just want to make sure it will fit.

Yep 89 Century should work.
Scott you're probably thinking of the 85-90 Park Ave/LeSabres. Those are the newer slimline style. You could probably swap one in. The current replacement from Delco for the G-body is that type. I dont like them. To much rigging and hacking to make them fit.

Yep 89 Century should work.
Scott you're probably thinking of the 85-90 Park Ave/LeSabres. Those are the newer slimline style. You could probably swap one in. The current replacement from Delco for the G-body is that type. I dont like them. To much rigging and hacking to make them fit.

what needs to get hacked?:confused:
Hopefully no inner or outer fender stuff!!