Power Driver's Seat Track Question

chris1

I have a question about the actual metal track that the seat if connected to and moves along on; the seat is mounted to the floor in 4 places; part of the front left mounting tab actually sheared off from the track where it connects to the floor mounting bolt; the mounting bolt and floor section is fine, but my question is, can the piece that broke off from the track be welded back on? I'm not sure what type of metal the track is made from, and I can only imagine how much a new one would be with a power seat and if they are even still available. The seat rocks back and forth now from front to back, so I just have a small piece of metal wire holding it so it doesn't rock that badly when driving......

Thanks, Chris.

its mild steel ,if you have or no some one with a mig it should be abig deal to fix , just dont do it in the car .

or find a replacement in a junk yard
or thry the partswanted sections here , lots of these cars are getting parting out and the tracks arent regal specific , theres montes and cutlasses to pull from as well .
as far as i know the track and power assembly from a split benck is the same as the bucket seat.

It depends what year your Gn is.. The '87's used a newer style track where the ''legs', were made of steel riveted to aluminium tracks, compared to '86 and oldertracks that were all steel...So maybe you can have it re-welded on, but make sure you REMOVE the seat from the car before doing so!:eek:
Claude :)