Power Master

v6turboman

I need a new seal for my brake pump. It leaks badly, can't see forking out 3
Franklin's, when all I need is a new seal. Possibly a large O ring will do the trick. Does any on have any idea where one can obtain rebuild parts for the
E-H pumps, the motor runs, just a Profusely leak from back side of pump portion.

To my knowledge, rebuild kits for the pumps are not available as they are 'supposedly' not rebuildable. I tried to take one apart once. Couldn't do it.

Only one that I know of that still makes them new is Hank Terry.
Worth the money IMO.
I have one.

Regardless, if you have fluid leaking out of the pump seal, you need to investigate your check valve. It's not supposed to allow pressure out of the acc ball and wear out the pump seals.

Thanks for getting back with me. Hank does not do power masters any more.
I am assuming you are referring to the valve directly below the ball. The car has been sitting for quit some time.

Thanks for getting back with me. Hank does not do power masters any more.
I am assuming you are referring to the valve directly below the ball. The car has been sitting for quit some time.

Hank isn't doing E-H pumps any more??!!! :eek:
How do you know this?
You must have contacted him.
What's the story?

The check valve is located within the large part of the mastercyinder body where the pressure line from the pump connects to it. Theres a spring, a "poppet" and the seat w/seal (in that order from the inside out). Most likely the seal is old and leaking.

If that is true and your pump is leaking too, I wouldn't know what else to tell you other than time to get a new unit or find a used pump/motor and get a rebuild kit from Karps. You may can find an oring somewhere depending on how good you local parts store of choice is.

I email Hank a couple of weeks age to see if he had any pumps, and he replied with,"No longer involved with PMs.". And I called Karps a 2 days ago,
they do not carry rebuild kits any more.

Damn, that sucks. :(

But thanks for the info.
It's definetely true, parts are getting harder and harder to find.