Power to expect

do i need both headers, or will the passenger one suffice? Can some one tell me the difference between the stock headers and the aftermarket? I know they flow better but does anyone have any pics? Im starting to wonder if my car really was stock when i bought it.

Just passenger if you can find one.

You are correct-I could not find it either using the regular way. I found it by searching all my posts by my signature. It was posted by Elco on 06/30/07 on finalized by esinger around 07/20/07. Brad

Well, thanks for the info guys, but i guess i wont need it because my car was just stolen....:frown: 2nd time its been stolen. Must have been a pro because they cut around the club i had and slipped it right off...

Wow, Stolen and for the second time! I hope you recover it again and hopefully not stripped down.

Is this common for the area you live in?

I guess, because the first time it was stolen, it was out of my schools parking lot. Now i was parked in a public parking lot in downtown Tucson.

Well wait, let's not let this thread die.

I still want to talk about how to get some power out of my 84 engine.

Anybody got any more idea's? I'd really like to get a little list together. I tried getting another thread up for someone to give me a straight answer, but nobody responded to it. So I figure I try to get the answers off the steam from this thread.

Sorry about your loss though Azhotair. I hope you get your car back man. Sucks that it got stolen.

Now here's something that I have a question about. With Alcohal injection, it gives an upgrade of about 50 horsepower. But this is the thing, what else can you do with the car afterwards? Where can you go to break 300HP? That's my goal right now. To break 300 horsepower. Now what else can I do to break that goal down? Also... Alcohal injection, how hard is it to refill that? Is it expensive? And how accessible is the stuff? Where can you get it? Etc.. I've been told it's expensive and hard to find. Is that true?

-Saladin

I've seen a guy run 11.80's consistantly at the local track in Kentucky.
He's still got no intercooler, but runs alcy. I think he may have had his stock turbo ported out, whatever the turbo, I remember that it wasn't a massive difference from stock, it looked stock to my eyes. His TB is ported. A Volt Booster, Fuel pump hot wire kit, K&N filter, 160 stat, scanmaster, good exhaust. He may have a 3" cutout on his downpipe...pretty sure he does. I think he runs slicks at the track or DR. He ran 12.20's back in the 90's with very early mods. Sorry I don't have more info for HAir cars. This guy ports stock stuff, like intakes and stuff. http://members.cox.net/stevemonroe/turbo_services.htm

Aslo, Alcy isn't hard to deal with or refill the tank. It's pretty straight forward with the new kits from Alcy Control and SMC. They have been into the Buick scene for a while so they can give you great customer service ad info. I've got SMC, kit and have experienced great customer service. Also, the guy that is Alcy Control has given me great information and advice knowing that I'm using the competition's kit.

Alky Control?

So I assume it just makes sure you don't use it all up at one time or something?

(I don't mean to sound so anoying with all the questions, it's just that I bought my car last Thursday and am TOTALLY absorbed with the possibilities I can take this car in the direction of!!!)

Alky Control?

So I assume it just makes sure you don't use it all up at one time or something?

(I don't mean to sound so anoying with all the questions, it's just that I bought my car last Thursday and am TOTALLY absorbed with the possibilities I can take this car in the direction of!!!)

No, I think the "control" part is about supressing detonation in the motor. Avoiding knock because of 5hitty gas. Check out their websites. If you put a few things in your hot air you'd go faster with not too much hassle
Razor's kit
WWW.ALKYCONTROL.COM

SMC's kit
SMC Alcohol Injection

You also need a chip change from Turbo Tweak
TurboTweak - Turbo Buick Custom Chips and Parts

Oh ok. So it just makes sure that the engine has enough alky to prevent it from goin' bad. M'ok, I got it.

So my last question is this.

How accessible is alky, and how much on average does it cost?

Well, thanks for the info guys, but i guess i wont need it because my car was just stolen....:frown: 2nd time its been stolen. Must have been a pro because they cut around the club i had and slipped it right off...

Sorry about your loss, I feel your pain. My T Type was stolen twice also. The first time it was recovered in 2 weeks bad turbo and broken stock up pipe. The second time I had written off that it would not be found in one piece and 2 years later got it back. The vin had been swapped, thank God I had the original engine in the car and knew where to show the detectives the vin stamped on the block. Still had a bad turbo, engine knocking and lazy trans. Also the ac box was busted to hell I guess they were trying to get the down pipe out of the way so they could pull the engine and we all know how hard it is to remove or install a 1 piece downpipe on a hot air with the engine in place. So if its any comfort to you be happy that you have a hot air because unlike the 86-87's they are very hard to work on and the average car thief will not have the time or patience to pull your engine. But you might be missing a rear end if you have a posi and of coarse the usual wheels, tires and interior. But at least you may get it back with the drivetrain.

with the spearco intercooler and similar mods I ran a 13.2 on street tires with very little knowledge of how to tune my car

Hot Airs Rule!!!

Here is my basic recipe that netted me 11.60's, I know there is a lot but you can get a lot from porting your intake to gasket matched, upgrading your headers and downpipe and there is someone on this site who is doing a 3 inch down pipe and if enough interest we can only hope headers. The intercooler you're referring to they are even going to start producing again. I have yet to use the alcohol to run my personal best listed in my signature. (I run straight 110 octane which I can buy for 3.89 a gallon in this area and figure that's pretty safe insurance, especially since 93 octane is over $3.00 a gallon)

As far as the reference to John Bruce the hot air in Bowling Green Kentucky, he's got a "few" mods on his car and that turbo is more then stock. He's a good friend who've I've known for a while. There are other recipes listed on Turbo Regal Web Site as well for your hot air. I can't see why I'd need to list them all again on here, I believe this has been done a few times. Do some searches and make a 3 ring folder of your information for reference. This has taken a lot of tuning and will require either a good scan tool or data logger with a wide band oxygen sensor. It's not cheap but it's not as expensive as some would love for you to believe. If you're capable and can do a lot of the work yourself or are willing to learn. Just my two cents for whatever it's worth.

wow your car got stolen. man that really sucks. i would have loved to help you work on that thing. keep us posted and let me know what it looks like so i can keep an eye out.

My 84 was stolen once, but everything came back fine. It's in the body shop now getting new paint and interior repairs.

i know first hand what it's like to get your car stolen, sorry to hear the news. i'm considering a grant removable steering wheel for my GN.