power windows

three turbos

NUNLKME
I currently have crank windows and im wanting to install power windows, are the regulators different? and how hard is it to change them if needed?Is the wire haness a pita to install? Anyone with any experience in this area would be great thanks.

You got t be kidding.....

Be thankful you have crank windows....its like power antennas owners with power antennas wish they had a fixed antenna...power windows means more headaches and they are s l o w

trust me on this.....as it was my good friend who for several years was kept busy every day at the GS nats fixing power window problems....etc his name was Pete Serio better known as the window rattle guy...

You got less wear issues with crank windows...less weight also....

Just my thoughts....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Stick with the crank windows. Trust me. You are asking for more trouble than its worth. I wish I had crank windows on my car.
Besides, crank windows are more rare and lighter weight (more speed).

Russ

I here what you guys are saying but this is strictly a show vehicle and im doing a clone its kind of a dead give away ya know.

I pulled power windows from a 84 Electra in the boneyard. I haven't had time to install them yet & don't know what issues might develop.

I currently have crank windows and im wanting to install power windows, are the regulators different? and how hard is it to change them if needed?Is the wire haness a pita to install? Anyone with any experience in this area would be great thanks.[/QUOTE

You are going to need the regulator and tracks from a car with power windows along with the motor. The rivets will need to be punched out using a center punch with a hammer or drilled. Its easier to un bolt the glass from the tracks and do it but since the window will not have power it will make it hard to get the tracks out along with the glass. I always take the outer belt molding off to do this. If this is your first time around its gonna be a bitch. I believe the plugs are in the car for the wiring harness just dont know if everything is there to make them work. It's really much harder to change a non power car to power than it is a power car to manual. FYI the power door lock mechanism is different as well That piece would have to be replaced as well. Just what you mentioned about show car there are quite a few GN's with manual windows out there they will also not have cruise control. or power antenna.